Low Papp-a found during anomaly checks

Espero

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm back on B&B after 2 years away - we're pregnant again with what we're desperately hoping will be our rainbow.

Everything's gone well so far - I had a tiny bit of spotting early on but they've put that down to an irritated cervix.

We went for our anomaly scan on the 3rd and everything looked perfect, but when we showed the report to my consultant yesterday she commented that the PAPP-A score was low, at 0.4. She gave us a quick scan there and then because I got very upset (fourth pregnancy, three previous losses all at 8 weeks :cry: ) and she was happy with how everything looked, but she's booked us in for a scan to check the blood flow through the placenta next Monday.

Is anyone else going through this or been through this in the past? Desperate for some reassurance!

Thanks girls :flower:

I had low papp a with my first. It was even lower than yours, 0.3 or 0.2 from memory. I was told it can be a sign that baby may get iugr or the placenta not functionally properly. I had no issues and my son (who's almost 4 now) was 3.6kg 3 weeks early so clearly had no problems growing. Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy. It had no impact on my pregnancy and I hope it doesn't on yours either.

I have this. Mine was actually very low at 0.19... and I'm currently 35+4 and baby girl is measuring on 45th centile which is actually bigger than my boy who my Papp a was fine with so please don't worry. I have another scan next week and I'm sure she will still measure fine. All has been well x

Hi I had low papp a with my second son. He was born at 41+1 & 8lb2oz, perfectly fine. Try not to stress x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->