Low Papp-a level - anyone else?

Espero

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm back on B&B after 2 years away - we're pregnant again with what we're desperately hoping will be our rainbow.

Everything's gone well so far - I had a tiny bit of spotting early on but they've put that down to an irritated cervix.

We went for our anomaly scan on the 3rd and everything looked perfect, but when we showed the report to my consultant yesterday she commented that the PAPP-A score was low, at 0.4. She gave us a quick scan there and then because I got very upset (fourth pregnancy, three previous losses all at 8 weeks :cry: ) and she was happy with how everything looked, but she's booked us in for a scan to check the blood flow through the placenta next Monday.

Is anyone else going through this or been through this in the past? Desperate for some reassurance!

Thanks girls :flower:

Hi. Not quite what you have posted about, but when I got my combined screening for down syndrome, I got a much higher chance of down syndrome than I was expecting. Based on my age I should have been about 1 in 800, but I got 1 in 263. This is still classed as low risk, but had me worried. When I looked into my test results, one of the things that had changed my odds was my papp-a. It was 0.44 I think. Which I think is about half what it "should" be. I did a lot of googling (maybe not reliable sources) and found possible increased chances of heart defects (I was born with a heart defect, so this interested me) and low birth weight babies. But most of the time it seems to mean nothing.
For your information, no one has commented on my papp-a results, so I don't think there are any concerns. And there is a wide bracket for 'normal'. Mine are still well in the normal range.

This is also our rainbow baby.

I to have low Papp a. I had it in my 1st pregnancy and my daughter was born healthy and a good weight of 7lb 3. I'm now 24 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and growth is fine. My score was 0.2. So s touch lower than yours. I have to take aspirin daily and will have scans at 28,32,36, 38snd 40 weeks. So get to see baby lots.

I wouldn't worry they test loads of hormone levels and my consultant said they are only concerned when other hormones are low also. As long as they monitor the growth regularly then they are happy. Just keep more of a note on kick counting etc.

Thanks gorgeous ladies, that's really reassuring. :kiss:

My darling Mamma bought me a doppler on Monday so have been listening in to Lil Tyke and that's put my mind at rest no end. Cutest noise in the world. :)

God, what I wouldn't give to go for a nap and wake up in 4 months time. I don't so well with uncertainty!

I got a phone call from the antenatal clinic today stating that I have low Papp-a levels and that I'll need extra scans at 28 and 34 weeks. Still trying to process the risks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->