Low papp a of 0.19

ebannawuoyohw

Reaction score
So I have been told I will be having an extra scan with the consultant at 22 weeks to check the placenta because when you have low papp a as low as mine it can affect the baby a lot.
IUGR
Low birth weight
Placental abruption
Poor placental function
Pre-elampsia
Still birth or fetal death
I've also been told I must take daily aspirin ASAP.
I am really unsure of what to expect. I've read people who's baby's were fine and sadly people who were not so lucky. I will update as and when I can as there's not much out there about this.

That must be very stressful. Just wanted to wish you all the best. I glad you'll be monitored closely :hugs:

My papp-a was very low with my daughter (I want to say .26?) and she is fine. I did develop preeclampsia at 38 weeks and was induced immediately; my daughter did fine, vaginal birth, good birth weight. She is almost 3 and no issues.

So I'm updating this for people in the future. My scans measured my baby to be average size but she came out 5lb 14 oz on 9th centile . So scans were wrong. She was born 39+2 so nearly due date. The low Papp a may have been the reason that I got high blood pressure and that her growth wasn't as good but all in the end was fine she's fine and a beautiful baby girl at nearly six months old now. My Papp a was seriously low as well so it's not always bad x

Hi, thanks so much for updating. I am in the same position you were. I was even initially told that most women with my low numbers do not make it past 24 weeks gestation... But here I am at 25.5 weeks and baby is still growing!
It was great of you to update your post-- there are heaps of posts online about women who have the low PAPP A levels, but only very few updates. So happy to hear that your little girl is well <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->