• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Low Papp a

benz

Reaction score
Hi ladies....just wanted to know if anyone had more info on low Papp a. My results came back at 0.15 and was given a 1/230 risk of DS. All other tests came out ok (HCG levels and NT). We decided to go ahead and do Panorama (NIPT) testing and after waiting two long weeks our results came back negative and our risk was reduced to 1/10000 for all 6 chromosomal abnormalities.....thank god!! I have my OB appointment next week so I am sure she will explain what this all means to me but of course I looked up consequences for having low Papp a and I'm a little nervous now!

Any mommas out there go through a similar situation? This is my second baby, DS is 15 months old and my pregnancy went well with him.

Thanks!

I was just logging into to type this exact thread. I had my anomoly scan today and was told that my first trimester screen showed low Papp A levels. I was told a genetic counselor was supposed to call me to discuss which they didn't so I am unclear as to what this all means. My NT results were low risk...1:8400 for DS and 1:4300 for Trisomy 18. All I was told was that I would need to start having regular growth scans as I am now at a higher risk for developing pre-eclampsia. My daughter is 20 months old and was born at 31+3 due to pre-e and IUGR...not really wanting to go through it again :(

Hi Bakebino!

Did you have low Papp a with your first? My doctor initially told me that she will be scheduling more scans as well later in my pregnancy. I'm so nervous about the possibility of having to deliver early as my son was only 5 pounds 13 ounces when born and he was full term! She said I just make small babies but if having low Papp a could mean delivering early than baby will be sooo small!

It's nice to hear that your first baby is doing so well!

I am due two weeks before you!

There are increased risks with low Papp-A - but they're just that - increased risks - and there may not be any issues. I had low Papp-A in my first pregnancy and my son is just fine - it didn't cause any problems for us. Was good to have the extra scans to make sure though!

I had a low papp-a with my second and they think i did with my first too (i didnt have the test with my first). both babies were born healthy. I had LOTS of scans and was high risk for many things but all was okay :) and i was induced before my due date too

I had low Papp a and a DS risk of 1 in 60 with my first. She's almost 4 and absolutely fine. I had a scan at 28 weeks to check her birth weight and it was good.

Don't worry unless the doctors tell you to.

Hi Bakebino!

Did you have low Papp a with your first? My doctor initially told me that she will be scheduling more scans as well later in my pregnancy. I'm so nervous about the possibility of having to deliver early as my son was only 5 pounds 13 ounces when born and he was full term! She said I just make small babies but if having low Papp a could mean delivering early than baby will be sooo small!

It's nice to hear that your first baby is doing so well!

I am due two weeks before you!

I do not remember being told my Papp A was low in my first pregnancy. I think the reason I am so freaked out is because they also told me they think amniotic fluid is a little low. I have an ultrasound scheduled in 2 weeks to check it again. Last week I was dealing with a flu like bug and was having trouble keeping things down, so I am hoping the low fluid level was just due to temporary dehydration. Hearing both of those results together was just a bit disheartening. My baby girl, although born 2 months early, was born extremely healthy...just small. I pray that this low Papp A result doesn't amount to anything serious for either of us :)

Just got back from seeing my doc and she said I will have monthly ultrasounds just to make sure that baby is growing fine and that the placenta is working well. I asked about whether I had low Papp a levels with my DS as he was born quite small as well and she said I was at a 0.24. I wish I knew this before so I wouldn't have stressed out so much with this baby. Hopefully baby continues to grow healthy and strong!

I was going to say if you have small babies anyway your papp-a will tend to be lower. I had normal papp a with my daughter, but this time it's 0.3, and I have high HCG, at the minute this baby is bigger than DD was at the same point. I have a private scan in 4 weeks and a growth check at docs in 6 weeks x Hopefully none of us will have any issues.

My doctor said that it's not particularly unusual but it's something new they screen for, in the last two years they've seen quite a few women with low papp a and only lost one baby as a result (fly high little one) so our chances are fairly good x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->