Low Thyroid Buddies!

FluffyKid

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm Keira!

I'm 21, not currently in school, 5'6" and ballooning in my weight! :(
Since September of last year (9 months ago), I have gained 16 - 23 lbs, depending on what day you catch me, putting me between 286 and 293 lbs. I'm not sure if my friends are lying, or if I just have "big bones" and hidden muscle, but nobody believes that I am the size that I am. I wear the same size clothes as friends of mine that are 30 - 50 lbs lighter than me!

I have hypothyroidism and, up until April, I was on 150mcg of levothyroxine. That wasn't helping much, my periods were still irregular, and so my doctor switched me to a starting dose of 60mg Armour thyroid medicine. I have another checkup to see how my levels are on this Monday or 2 weeks from it (6/18).

I NEED to lose weight and get in shape. For one, I'm considered morbidly obese I'm pretty sure. >< I don't look my weight, but I assure you, I am heavy. It's depressing! I'm young! I want to wear all kinds of fun clothes that I don't like looking at myself wearing right now because I have curves on curves on curves! Dang!

But I have a messed up sleep cycle, messed up eating cycle, eat fast food too much (well, I only eat, like, a few mcChickens here and there, but still), don't eat enough really, don't drink nearly enough water, and never exercise. I just always feel like nothing will happen, no matter how hard I try.

I need a friend that is trying to get in shape, too! We gotta be motivators for each other!

Help!!!
</3

I know it's the wrong section but I just wanted to know how you were diagnosed with a thyroid problem? Did you just request the test at your family doctor or at the gyn? I believe I have a problem with mine too. My weight can vary up to 25 pounds in a week!! Also, what were your symptoms? I have heard that once you get the correct dosage then weight loss becomes easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->