lower back pain is there anything i can do?

Hannah's Mom

Mommy of 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Hi all,

The last couple of days Iv been getting a really bad pain in my lower back on the right, and quite sharp, like it shoots down my bum into my leg - does anyone know if there is anything I can do other than paracetamol? like any rubs or creams that are safe to use?

thanks a million
shiv

x x x

i get alot of aches in the lower back area- hot water bottle sorts it out every time!!

xx

Yeah i use hot watter bottle aswell, also paracetemol and i was told i could take codiene if it gets really bad, just dont overtake it but a co-codemol will be fine. Also hot baths!

Hey Hannah's Mom,

I've had the same pains for awhile now- just in the Illeo-sacral area of my low back. I find the only thing that works well is hot baths, keeping my knees apart in bed and keeping up with my walks during the day (even if they hurt!)

Best of luck!

I had this problem for awhile, has seemed to go for now though but I did buy a microwavable all over body pillow which worked a treat & obviously a hot water bottle would work. :)

ive been having bad back pain too, i usually get into a nice warm bath :D pregnancy pillow help loads on a night too :Dxxx

When I get lower back pain I take paracetemol and when Im sitting down I put a cusion behind my back and I dont wear heels anymore because they just dont help at all.That usually works for me.Hope thats helped :) xxx

I've had a lot of pain too, and generally heat and massage helps. If bad, tell your mw and she can refer you for physio. I went to them and they looked at how i sit, stand, lie etc and then gave me loads of exercises to help. They said that if that didnt help then you can get a support belt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->