LTTTC#1 . First clomid Cycle June ! Looking for buddy's!

SummerLily

mummy To Triplet Boys
Reaction score
Hello Ladies :flower:

We have been TTC since 2008 , and are after various tests and what not starting our first round of clomid 50mg cd2-6 this month. ( just awaiting AF! - only 6 days to go !)

Am looking for ladies maybe in the same situation and those sucess stories from those already on clomid ! anyone else had any sucess with 50mg?

xx

Hi Summerlily,

I was on Clomid 50mg and fell pregnant on my 2nd mth, but miscarried at 7 weeks. When i went back on to clomid for another 4 mths and had no success so i have now been given tamoxifen 20 mg to take on cd 2-5. Its meant to be stronger than clomid but i'm not sure.
Wishing you luck on it x

Thanks chan1983 :flower:

keeping everything crossed ( apart from the obvious) that it does work!

am also keeping everything x'd for you now your on the tamoxifin. hopefully it works better for you than the clomid did ! Sorry about your loss . sending big hugs. xx

Thanks summerlily. I know what you mean about keeping fingers crossed, the best advice i can give you is stay positive and try not to get down if it takes a little longer as every body is different.
I have 2 friends that were on clomid one on 50 mg and she got pregnant in 2 mths and she now she a healthy little boy and the other went up to 100mg and has been on it for a year and had no luck and is now going for ivf.
Remember there are always other things doctors can do if it doesnt work. You could also try the clearblue fertility montior on ebay they go for around £50 but in the shops there £109, that could also help you.

Do you have any medical conditions? Cos i have pcos which is why i'm on meds to help me get pregnant x

well the fs has given it to me for 6 months and a follow up appointment for 7 months time. am not having any checks or anything through out it mind which is slightly worrying !!

Hubbys SA was a little on the low side but nothing to worry about and MY cd21 tests showed that i didnt ovulate very much - so thier hoping the clomid will just giveus the extra push we need !

Thats great news about your friend have her little one now ! its nice to know that it does work xxx

am tryin really hard to stay positive !!! :) when do you start your next cycle ? x

Hopefully that will work for you both then. I'm on cd 2 and just started the tamoxifen today. I have to take it on cd 2-5 and then have the blood text on cd22 to see if i ovulate. I go back to the hospital on 21 Sept for a review but hopefully i will be pregnant by then. Doc said that when it happens again i'll have a scan at 8 weeks to ensure that everything is going ok.

The only problem i had on clomid was that when i was ovulating i got a headache, felt dizzy and the hot flushes. When did you start clomid?
If you ever want to talk to anyone then just message me. We are the special ones that just have to wait for our little bundles of joy x

oh i hope so! thats great that youve already started ! means that you wont have to wait as long for your testing time ! lol. hopefully you will be pregnant before you have to go back for your review.

Have heard a lot about the side effects of clomid ! have yet to start. Am due my period on the 10/11th so will be taking it days 2-6. and then will be POAS mad by the time i get to the end of it!
Thanks hun :flower: will definatly want to know how your tamoxifen goes !! x

and yes we are defiantly the lucky ones .x

Just sent ya a friend request on here. Your'll have to keep me update on how you get on with clomid. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya. Hopefully you won't get any or many of the side effects but if they work it will all be worth it. So how long have you and your hubby been married for? We've been married for 2 years this year but been together for 8 years.
The best bit about clomid working for me was telling my hubby and watching his face light up and i bet it will be the same for you. It was such a shock as we really didnt expect it at all.
Keep me updated on how things go for you. I'm just off to go and make tea for hubby for when he gets home from work. Enjoy ya weekend x

i always get down about how long the wait has taken but yes once i finally get that positive it will all have been very much so worth the wait and the pain and monthly heartache. Were not married just yet but will be hopefuly next year ! planned on getting married and then the baby idea came along ! haha. Have been together 3 years this year ( august) so to some notvery long but i knew from the moment i met him that he was the 'one'. he proposed to me 6 weeks after we got together and we there hasnt been a day since we got together that we havent seem each other :) .

Will definatly keep you updated and have accept your friends request!! will hopefully chat to you and in a couple of weeks have some wondefull news from you !!

have a lovely weekend too . x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->