LTTTC and Delyaed Ejaculation

MummyWannaBe1

Reaction score
Hi,
I’m here to vent and hopefully find someone in a similar situation as myself to help me get through this.
My partner and I decided to remove my implant 4 years ago and let nature take its course. We agreed to give it one year before we really started to ‘try’ if it didn’t happen naturally and so the year came and went and no baby. I thought that now we were in the official trying stage it would happen soon. Its now another 3 years later and still no joy.
The problem is that my OH suffers with delayed ejaculation and is unable to ejaculate inside me. So when I say we have been trying for four years what that really means is that officially we have had 4 successful attempts and a lot of disappointment.
I adore him and don’t want him to feel bad, it’s not his fault and everything we have tried seems to make it worse. I’m just so alone with this as no one understands or know that’s the reason we haven’t been successful. I told my friend once who was unable to Venice I’ve herself and I had her to talk to but she passed away in March and now I don’t have anyone.
Has anyone else had this problem and this badly???
I’ve seen other older threads but they seem to try the old - he goes himself and penetrates just before, but this isnt an option for us as it doesn’t work.
Be nice to know I’m not totally alone.....

Hey, didn't want to read and run. I don't have this situation but I feel your pain as I have also taken about 3 or 4 years and nothing. Bumping your post so you can hopefully find someone who knows something useful. :hugs:

I'm so sorry to read about your troubles. I have not experienced this myself. To be honest, I had to go or the term to figure out exactly what you're talking about. As such, I may be way off base... But wouldn't at-home insemination be an option? However he's able to ejaculate, couldn't that semen be collected and promptly inserted into your vagina (presumably at the right point of your cycle)? Maybe it could be mixed with a little "PreSeed" gel to give it a little boost.

That's what I was thinking as well but wasn't sure how to put it, I saw in a movie once a lady had a sperm donor and they just used a turkey baster lol. Worth a shot if you've been waiting all this time. I hope you have some luck soon!

My partner isn't open to discussing things. He just wants to wait and see all the time. He's too embarrassed to talk to anyone or try at home AI. It's starting to cause arguments between us. I'm snapping at him all the time and I think I'm beginning to resent him. I'm just devastated he won't try more things.

Did you DH have this problem before you started trying or did it come on after the implant came out ?

I would say you need to give some tough love to your husband. Obviously not talking about it isn't solving anything--causing resentment and no child.

There is an option (medical) called IUI. Maybe you could bring that up, and THEN talk about at home AI. If you go to the "extreme" first (IUI) then maybe the at home, private option might seem less threatening. Good luck to whatever you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->