Lubricant harmful to sperm

Mogstar89

Reaction score
Me and my OH are only on our first cycle of NTNP, so im trying the relaxed approach and not filling my brain with a lot of trivia to stress me out even more. However i have read this morning that lubricant is harmful to sperm. I wonder if any body knows any more information on this as i dont want months of the TWW and finding out this could be a problem. I have heard about Pre-seed or You baby that we can get in the UK, but the cynical part of me thinks this may be a money making scheme advertising at the vulnerable women (me being one of them, broody is not the word). so any help would be gratefully appreciated :-k

i dont know about you baby but we have gotten pregnant twice using preseed and once using sylk. :thumbup:

Most lubricants are hard for sperm to swim trough, that's why it's not recommended to use them. Natural vaginal lubrication is better, and special lubricants like pre-seed who mimic those secretions is very good too.

Basically, if you want to up your chances you should avoid regular lubricants. But you don't HAVE to buy pre-seed, unless you have dryness problems then it may be a good idea.

Thank you both for your replies, it wasn't something me or OH were aware of and were both quite glad we found out quite soon into NTNP :)

Using lubes like ky and astro glide might make it a tiny bit harder but I don't think it makes a difference honestly. We tried for our son 19 cycles and used pre seed and nothing happened and the month we got pregnant used astro glide cause I was saving my last bit for my next cycle when I was suppose to start clomid

Pre-seed rocks! I used it on our first try with my DD and it worked like a charm. The properties of Pre-seed, allows sperm to be more efficient in it's environment.

honestly i don't believe in any of those which lub is better then the other.. until I see some actual evidence of ky or any of them being harmful, i see no problem in using normal lubs..people have been getting BFP for decades before preseed existed when they only had few choices like ky and vaseline. don't put effort in stressing over it, if it's been getting women BFP for decades, i see no problem with it.

I would swear by preseed. I really would.

most of them say on the back if they are or not, well the ones we have do anyway :flower: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->