Lump in breast

Sorsha

Tentatively expecting #2
Reaction score
I need some advice or reassurance... A week ago I noticed a small lump in my breast. There's no reason to think it's anything serious. I'm only 33, no history of breast cancer in my family. From what I've read online, it fits the usual description of a benign lump (small, smooth, rubbery). I don't think it's grown in the last week.

I have DS's 6 month doctor's appointment in two weeks, and I figured I'd get the doctor to check it out then (he is also my doctor). It's a hassle getting out to there and I don't want to seem as if I'm overreacting. But I have these paranoid moments where I wonder if I'm being careless by not having it checked right away.

What would you do?

I have lumps, quite a few actually in my right breast (3 or 4?). I am 24 and have had one since I was 14 and the others appeared when I was 21 and nursing. I had two different Doctors check them and they both said they were fine and nothing to worry about. They feel smooth, rubbery, and haven't grown since they appeared. I wouldn't worry too much, but would get it checked out when you have your DS appointment. :D

Well, I know lumps are normal, especially with huge hormonal changes (like pregnancy!). I think if you monitor it and it's not painful, and there are no other red flags than just noticing it, I would probably wait the two weeks when you'll be at the doctor anyways. Or, I would call the doctor and ask what he thinks! I'm sure if he's your doctor too he may be able to push your son's appointment sooner in order to see you at the same time if he's worried about it?

So glad to read as I've a similar worry and was going to post a thread!

I think mine started when I pulled a muscle in my left Breast but I've been worried about it for months! I think I'm more paranoid!

It's sore in the sense it does feel muscular however I can feel a few lumps in mine. I went to the doctors a month ago who gave me a breast exam and said everything felt normal and told me to take paracetamol!

My mum had breast cancer I know it's not hereditary but I still worry. I still feel this worry so I've go another appointment in a few weeks time.

I've read lots about breast cancer on the nhs website and I think I worry to much as I know pain doesn't mean it's breast cancer and it's usually a single pea like lump on it's own. But I say get it checked anyway it's peace of mind xx

Thanks for the reassurances and advice! I ended up calling and asking to have an appointment slot for me added after DS's so I know for sure the doctor will have time, and I feel a lot better about it now. :)

Good your getting it checked hun :) Better that we are proactive and our own advocates- when my previous doctor told me not to worry about getting Mamograms (I was 35 at the time)- I was honestly floored! My insurance covers them from 35 on... so I've had them from 35 on... just cause it's not the "norm" doesn't mean I won't be diligent! I'm with another doctor now ;) And specifically have an OB I see annually... so hey! I know there's never a guarantee- but if I can help find something early, I will! I"m sure all will be fine and good to get that reassurance!

Just to update, my doctor checked it out and said it feels like a cyst to him. I'm going back in a month and if it hasn't gone away on its own he's going to confirm and drain it. Phew!

Please keep an eye on this I am 32 years old 26weeks pregnant at 18 weeks found small lump Bra line had it biopsies and at 19 weeks was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. I don't have huge family history but bc of my age they did genetic testing and found I have brca 1 gene mutation. Don't let doctors ignore you at least get ultrasound of breast if they dont wanna do mammogram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->