Lump on bump

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by motherofboys, Jan 28, 2020.

1. motherofboys

motherofboys Mum of 4 boys. Baby 5 due April

I've noticed this morning a small lump near the top of my bump to the right. I thought it was babies foot or something but he's moved a lot since and it's still there. It doesn't hurt at all. I thought maybe a hernia but Google tells me hernias are near the belly button.

2. miami8312

miami8312 Mom of 2 and bump

My baby moves all the time and i usually get a lump that i can actually put my finger and thumb on must be a foot. But i also have a bulge to the top of my bump midwife said its babies bum sticking out. If your concerned ask your midwife to have a feel she should tell you what it is. Its most likely baby, even though they move a lot there may be a knee or the bum thats not budging.

3. motherofboys

It's definitely not a limb, it's only as big as the tip of my finger. The other night he completely changed position, I was getting loads of movements down at the bottom, then a big, almost painful one, and then loads at the top. It feels like it's under the skin.

4. miami8312

miami8312 Mom of 2 and bump

Its best to speak to your midwife or doctor. Its probably nothing to worry about but better to get it looked at

5. motherofboys

I wish I had noticed it last week as I only just saw the midwife. She's only in clinic Wednesday and Thursdays too. You can't see it, it was only as I ran my hand over it I noticed there was something.

6. Babybump87

Babybump87 Mummy to 2 Princess and 1 Prince

I’m sure I had something like this when pregnant with DS I may have posted about it in one of the group threads .

Mine was also at the top of my bump . I don’t even know what it was but it just went as quick as I noticed it. Hopefully it’s the same for you !

motherofboys likes this.
  7. motherofboys

Fingers crossed, I wasn't sure if maybe it was almost like scar tissue under the skin from having stretched so many times.

8. Babybump87

If you do a search of the forum it seems a few ladies have posted in the past about the same thing.

Id just keep an eye on it and try get to speak / see your midwife x

motherofboys likes this.
  9. motherofboys

That's good to know, I'll have a look

10. motherofboys

A lot of people seem to be suggesting fat deposits but no one has actually responded on any of the posts I've found with an update. Anyway, I googled fat deposits and they do sound very much like this. I will still question it with the midwife and keep an eye out for any changes.

11. Babybump87

Oh glad you may have found out what it is ! Hopefully your midwife can tell you for sure ! Xx

12. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

I'm glad you might have found out what it is. Hopefully your midwife will be able to confirm and help :)

13. motherofboys

I'll update once I've seen her but it won't be for a few weeks yet.