Lumps!

Sovereign

Reaction score
Charlie will eat totally smooth pureed food no problem but he just won't eat lumpy food. I first tried him the other day with that Cow & Gate Baby Pasta and sauce and he ate it no problem at all. The next time I tried to give him lumps he kept gagging a bit and the next time he was gagging loads and now he just throws up (and I mean REALLY throws up!) if I try. I have gone back to giving him purees cos I don't want him getting scared of eating but I don't know what to do! I've tried mashing his food really fine but it makes no difference if it's not totally smooth! I give him finger foods but he hasn't yet worked out to put them in his mouth so I don't know what to do? Please help, any advice would be much appreciated. x

Molly wasnt taking to lumps too well either. She would take a bit at first but then started to spit them out. I have found that if I put a tiny bit of something eg cheese or bread in her mouth she will eat it (and I mean tiny). I have been gradually making the lumps bigger. I have also tried giving her one or two spoonfuls of lumpy food alongside her puree and she seems to be getting the hang of it gradually.

I would keep trying with the finger foods as well. One day he'll get it in his mouth and work out what to do with it. I'd also offer a variety of finger foods, some things may be easier for him to get into his mouth or he might like the taste/texture better which will make the transition easier.

Hannah did gag some on new textures but overall she took to lumpy foods and finger foods really well (I introduced them really quickly though from purees, not sure if that made a difference or not :shrug:)

Well I gave Charlie some fruit after tea and did half of it pureed and half of it very mashed so there were just a few lumps in and they were soft and he ate it no probs! Yay. Think I will stick with this for a bit then gradually increase the amount of lumps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->