• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lunch and snack ideas for 12 month old

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I'm looking for snack ideas to replace DS's mid afternoon bottle but I don't know what to offer. He has just turned one, has a pretty good routine and I try to keep foods varied but I'm really lacking inspiration. His normal routine goes something like this...

8am: 7oz whole milk
9.30am: porridge or natural yoghurt with fresh berries
12:30pm: Lunch - toast or scrambled eggs or banana pancakes or sandwiches with some fruit
3pm: biscuits, rice cakes etc. *need more inspiration here especially*
6pm: Dinner - whatever we are having eg. Homemade spaghetti bolognese, cheesy broccoli and cauliflower bake, lemon and tarragon chicken with rice etc. Occasionally he'll have a biscuit or fruit pouch here too.
8:30pm 7oz whole milk

He is offered water with each of his meals and throughout the day.

Just looking for inspiration for snacks and lunchtime really so any suggestions are very welcome!

My DD at that age used to like crackers (the type that easily break with a bit of gumming) with hummus, boiled carrot sticks, banana pieces, yoghurt, hard boiled eggs/scrambled egg/omelette/fritata/eggy bread cut into pieces, bread with cheese spread, cheerios/branflakes soaked briefly in milk, toast/crumpets/pitta bread pieces with hummus/beans/spaghetti etc, grated cheese/cheese cubes/sweetcorn/apple pieces/raisins with just about anything, cold pasta and sauces mixed with any veggies/ham etc (easy to make a big batch and put in the fridge for whenever hungry or heat up as part of something else in a meal)

That’s all that comes to mind at the min- will be back if I think of anything else!

DD has always liked bread sticks dipped into hummus, or mashed up avocado dip.

I also used to give her teacakes or fruit bread (like bread with dried fruit in) quite a lot as a snack.

How about just whatever you're having yourself?

I make granola bars and muffins a lot that are either completely sugar free or sweetened with dates and my DD has those for snacks quite a lot. Also raw fruit and veg, applesauce, hummus, cheese cubes, dates, dried apricots, raisins, walnuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, hard boiled egg, dehydrated vegetable chips, crackers. That's about it for our main snack foods. She also frequently doesn't finish her lunch (there are always lots of snacks at our morning playgroups) so I'll give her leftovers from lunch as an afternoon snack.

How about just whatever you're having yourself?

He does eat whatever I eat. I'm just not hugely fussed for lunches and struggle with inspiration to keep things interesting for him and I don't have an afternoon snack. That's why it's so difficult!

Thanks for all the other suggestions ladies. I will write them all down and incorporate some of them into my shopping list for next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->