Lurker, age 40, waiting to try, interested in special diets, natural home birth

Nicole74

Reaction score
Hi, I've been reading the forum occasionally for a little while now. I might as well introduce myself, although I won't have much to talk about for a while.

I'm in Pennsylvania, USA. I didn't really want to wait until age 40 (or later, depending on how everything goes) to try to have a baby. If I had my way, I would have had a double-digit number of children and I would have started many years ago. However, I've had kind of a rough and chaotic life, and have had boyfriends who I didn't want to marry, job losses, health problems, and just random disasters of all sorts. So I have ended up with zero children so far, but not for lack of wanting them.

I do have a boyfriend now, though he is in the army and is finishing up boot camp. He will soon be stationed somewhere else. I've talked to him about having children, and he started to sound like he was open to the idea. So we're going to talk some more about it. We're not married. And with him in the military, life will be even more difficult and uncertain. I tried to stop him from going, but he has a lot of problems in his life too, mostly with jobs, and the military was something he had dreamed of doing for a long time.

So I probably won't post here very often, but if I do, maybe it means that my situation is improving and I have reason to hope that children will be coming soon.

I don't know if I am fertile, but I have normal periods and no unusual problems that I'm aware of. I think I might possibly have had a miscarriage many years ago with another boyfriend, by accident, when I wasn't trying to get pregnant. So, that's the only information I have about my fertility.

Other than that, I have no past experience with pregnancy, I've just read a lot about it, and I have a lot of opinions about what I want to do.

I'm definitely going to use special diets before I conceive, and during pregnancy - I'm a reader of Weston Price, and while I won't be trying to do all of that word-for-word, I will be following the general principles, along with the general principles of the Brewer Diet (to prevent pre-eclampsia and other issues). I have been interested in nutrition since I was a teenager.

I also want to give birth naturally at home. I'm aware that this could be a challenge or that things might not go according to plan, but that's why I'm here, to read about other people's experiences and cautionary tales about things that can go wrong, things to watch out for, things I might not have been aware of.

I guess the only thing I can ask for from this forum is prayers for my life to get a little more stable so that I can make this happen, and I'm not usually religious, but with all the crazy stuff that's happened in my life, I know that sometimes I need prayers anyway. I think I've waited long enough.

I'll be around, still lurking for a while.

Nicole

https://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/sign%20or%20English%20smilies/2sgn054groupwelcome.gif​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->