Luteal Phase defect - please help!

abi090977

Reaction score
Hello

I'm new to this forum and am hoping someone else has had a similar experience to me and can shed some light on my situation!

Using ovulation sticks and basal body thermometer I have realised I have a 5-6 day luteal phase.

From what I've read, anything under 12 days is problematic.

I went to my GP and have had 5 days post ovulation and day 3 blood tests - and everything came back normal. It appears I do ovulate but late.

My GP had never heard of luteal phase defect and said that as long as you ovulate, it doesn't matter when. LPD is an American concept and not something that is treated in the UK.

Due to my persistence I am now waiting to be seen by a consultant.

Has anyone else been treated for a short luteal phase in the UK? Do the doctors here take it seriously?

I'm really worried I won't be able to conceive and would be really interested in anyone else's experiences.

In the meantime am using B6, agnas castas and natural progesterone cream..

Thanks for reading! X:shrug:

Hi, mine is short too, but I haven't been to the doctor about it. I'm trying soy & B6 this month.

Hiya :wave:

My LP is short too and I must agree that my doctors, pretty much, don't care :cry: That's NHS for you!
I showed him my charts and tried to discuss things with him but he just told me "not to catastrophise the situation" :growlmad: He said he wouldn't send me to a speclialist until my cycles went to 28 days with ov on day 14 and, even then only this time NEXT FREAKING YEAR! Needless to say I have changed doctors!
They just don't seem to think Luteal Phase Defect is a problem over here :shrug:
Anyway, I tried B6 50mg last cycle and it didn't help so I am trying 100mg this cycle as well as soy on CD2-6 and I have bought some natural progesterone cream for after ov.
How long have you tried AC, B6 and progesterone cream for? Have any of them helped?

My luteal phase was 9 days until I started on the bvits last month, that cycle was 11 days, hoping for similar one this month though I still ovulated late on cd19. I've been to see gynae at fertility clinic last week and they are running all tests, bloods were fine, only estrogen was 1 point out of normal, got to have tube dye test in feb. I mentioned my short 2nd half cycle and they just waved it off. Don't think they do recognise it here!

xx

hey ladies - My luteal phase seems to range from 10 - 13 days, now I know thats not short compared to some of you but according to most people this phase shouldnt differ too much from cycle to cycle. I went to my GP due to spotting at 8DPO and mentioned that my luteal phase seems to vary and could it be due to progesterone - my doctor then went off on a rant about how people shouldnt be temping and using FF, and nor should they read too much into the luteal phase. They dont believe in progesterone deficiency here in the UK. STUPID DR'S...

I would just like to say that I have Interstitial Cystitis, which was only diagnosed last year after having several bladder biopsies, many hospital visits etc since the age of 9..... the Americans have been diagnosing it for the past 8 years and the UK have only just caught up... So in other words dont belive the NHS...

Good luck to everyone (sorry about the essay! he he he) xx

Hi

I too have a LPD which I was unaware of till I started temping and OPK. Im going to the Dr tonight, but am now worried about what he'll say! I already have a DS who is almost 2 so he'll probably just dismiss me.. scared now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->