M-Chat - Autism "test"

LoveleeB

Reaction score
Hi,

I just wanted to post this link for an M-Chat test I found. It's more detailed than the M-Chat tests I was normally coming across on the internet so I thought some Mums on here who are worried may find it helpful. I know that only a thorough exam by multiple doctors/ therapists can provide a true diagnosis but I did find this helpful (especially as here in Canada it can take a long time to get a true diagnosis).

Anyway, I just thought I'd post it in case it can help some worried Mums find a (possible) answer.

https://www.m-chat.org/mchat.php

Result: Risk for Autism

The results of this screening suggest that there are some areas in which your child may not be developing like other children his/her age group. It is recommended that you make an appointment with your primary care Physician to review your child's M-CHAT findings and/or have a complete developmental assessment at your local Early Intervention Center.

My daughter was diagnosed already (age 2, she is now 6) but just wanted to see what it would say based on todays answers. Guess she still has it!

I went through it with my baby, and she is 'low risk' I knew she didn't have autism because she can already do things that Makena has never done, but it was nice to see it in writing...so thanks again for posting this...it has eased my mind.

The results of this screening suggest that there are some areas in which your child may not be developing like other children his/her age group. It is recommended that you make an appointment with your primary care Physician to review your child's M-CHAT findings and/or have a complete developmental assessment at your local Early Intervention Center.

We already have autism diagnosis too. Was just interested.

We don't have Luke's appointment until November to see the Developmental Pediatrician and to be assessed. But, I figured this would be the outcome of the questions. We'll just have to wait and see. :(

We don't have Luke's appointment until November to see the Developmental Pediatrician and to be assessed. But, I figured this would be the outcome of the questions. We'll just have to wait and see. :(

:hugs:

Andrew came out as "Risk for Autism" too ... but many of his risk areas could be caused by his delayed development and/or his hearing problems.

I sometimes manipulate the test. If I'm having a positive day then my answers reflect that, if it's a particularly bad day, my answers reflect that too. Sometimes the answers don't seem clearcut, they fall somewhere between Yes and No.

I sometimes manipulate the test. If I'm having a positive day then my answers reflect that, if it's a particularly bad day, my answers reflect that too. Sometimes the answers don't seem clearcut, they fall somewhere between Yes and No.

That could be because your baby is quite young still.

james also got "risk for autism" his next evaluation is in like 2 weeks (sep 13th) They think he could have Autism...i guess we will see

Risk for Autism too. Josh has just been diagnosed with PDD-NOS and will undergo further testing around 4.

Great test, most of the questions are the questions I had to fill out for his child psychiatrist.

wish this test could be diagnosis, could have saved years of hassle lol x

My 3 1/2 year old son got "Risk for autism" too he's recently been diagnosed as having aspergers by his development pediatrician so this was spot on for us.:thumbup:

Risk for Autism here too and Ryan was diagnosed last week with ASD

x

My son was diagnosed at age 2 as being on the spectrum. He is now 4, 5 in Feb. and I took the test it said low risk, no cause for concern. I guess his therapies are working?

Hey ladies- I just wanted to throw this out there. My husband had autism- he used to be severe and he didn't speak until he was 7. He has done a lot of work on speech and other things and does get along really well now-- he's in graduate school to become a therapist. But he still has autism. Noises and change and social situations are still really hard for him. He acts "normal" most of the time and things like noises bother him less than they used to, but it's still there, even more when he's stressed out. I'm just putting this out there, because I think a lot of parents would like to see their children well adjusted, but I think it could be hard on the child to feel the pressure to be normal or act normal, and some parents could not realize that their kid still has autism and life is still hard. Does that makes sense? I don't want to be condescending or imply that any of you aren't understanding of your kids, I just thought a perspective from someone close to an adult with autism might be helpful.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but just wanted to say thank you.

Hadn't seen this one - did it, got risk for autism. Which is pretty much what the speech therapist said today anyway. They're referring Imogen on for assessment. Which is good in one way and completely horrible in another.

I got low risk but i think it says you aren't supposed to do it untill their 18 months old? Is the much of a difference between 16 and 18 months?

xx

We got risk for autism too. Which I knew really. However it helps, and we are having a referral for assessment too. We spoke to the speech therapist of our concern so shes making the referral

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->