Mabel- honest opinions!

Kirs_t

Very Cautiously Pregnant!
Reaction score
We are having a girl and have been thinking about quite popular/ traditional names.... Lily, Grace and Gennevieve.

Last night I has a dream her name was Mabel. This is not popular at all here in Australia and is very old fashioned. But I kind of like it.... What does everyone else think? Feel free to be honest. I'm keen to hear all opinions on this name!

I prefer Maybelle which look much more modern and exotic but still quite classic, beautiful and feminine :thumbup:

I love Mabel and would consider it had my friend not stolen it for her puppy. I think it's a beautiful old fashioned classic name. That said I've never met anyone born after 1940 with that name.

I used to watch "come outside" as a kid, it was a programme about a woman called auntie Mabel, she had a dog called pippin and flew everywhere in a spotty plane :)

I've gotta admit I like the name though :D

Hey Kirsty..I LOVE it..big fan of the old fashioned vintage type name :)

I kind of like it but here in UK I think most would see it as an old woman's name. That said it will change if more people used it now! I think the old classic names like Edith, Mabel and violet are coming back in.

Love it! It really is a good name that will suit her at any age!

I adore Mabel!! A lady at our baby group has a little girl called Mabel and I think it's lovely, very classic and very pretty. Love it love it love it!!

I love that name. I love all the old lady names though, I was driving DH crazy suggesting them.

It's a very nice name and if you love it then go for it :)
I just think of "mad about you", but I did love that show :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->