Made a complaint

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
Sorry ladies it's yet another moan from me......

Went to the midwife this morning, had all these things I was gonna say to her but didn't get too much said. I complained again about my hips this time she seemed to take me a bit more seriou sand asked me where the pain was so I showed her. She smirked and said that it wasn't my hips it was my pelvis!! the way she said it I felt like a stupid child. She brushed past the subject of physio but didn't seem to want to refer me and she didn't mention it, I was the one that mentioned it at the end of the appointment when she was practically pushing me out the door. She hasn't updated my notes with my blood test results although she did mention Iron tablets and then told me my prescription would be ready tomorow as I was leaving. I don't know what bump was measuring or what position he is in as this seemed very hush hush and it hasn't been put in my notes, neither has my hip complaint. She made me gasp in pain and marked me when taking my blood pressure and measuring bump. The only thing I am thankful for is that she had a student with her and only the student checked the position of baby so I didn't get hurt with that. I am so angry as again I was in there for 10mins maximum, I don't know the results of my bloods, size of bump or position he is in so I called the doctors and spoke to practice manager to find out their complaints procedure. The manager was really helpful and told me that as the MW isn't employed directly by the surgery she would get MW's manager to call me, she then called me back to let me know that she had done this and that her manager would call me back today. She has also said that she will make sure my notes are updated and that I can go in tomorow and they will let me know if the referal for physio has been done.

Sorry for moaning again

Oh that sucks. My MW is great and I can't imagine getting the service that some of you seem to be stuck with. Definitely speak with the manager of the team. You will probably be able to find it if you go to your hospital's web pages. Hope something positive will happen! Can you change MW if you want to?

good for you.. some of these MW's forget their dealing with people... hope you get better treatment tomorrow and they make that physio appoitment for you.
H x

She definalty sounds like a crappy mw !!!

Hope it goes better tomorrow !!

Well good on you saying something too many people just let things go and nothing will improve Hopefully she will get a good talking to and wont be like that again!

I agree, good on you for saying something hun!!

Sorry she was crappy though

Oh that sucks. My MW is great and I can't imagine getting the service that some of you seem to be stuck with. Definitely speak with the manager of the team. You will probably be able to find it if you go to your hospital's web pages. Hope something positive will happen! Can you change MW if you want to?

I have been told you can. They have 3 weeks to get me another midwife, if they haven't done it I will refuse to see her and will wait for the doctor to become available

your MW sounds awful!! i would ask for a different one!! hope it goes well for you tomoro :hug:

Hope they sort it out and she gets a telling off and u get someone else!

When you go in tomorrow, your GP should be able to access your blood results as most of these are held on a central computer system and they can put your mind at rest. Unfortunately there are some healthcare professionals out there who forget they are dealing with patients and not conditions - by feeding this back they can hopefully be helped to improve their communication skills. :hug:

Thought I would update you. I have received a call from the manager/matron of midwifery at the hospital, she apologised a number of times for the treatment I have received and said she will be having a meeting with the midwife in question in a couple of days. My next appointment will be with herself (the manager) at the hospital as will any future appointments. I will also receive a letter of apology from the midwife I complained about and the complaint will be kept on her file.

Please if anyone else is not happy with the treatment they receive there is a complaints proceedure for a reason so make a complaint no matter how small the problem may seem. No expectant mother should feel like they are not receiving proper care or feel uncomfortable with their midwife

Thanks hun. The manager did comment on the fact that they haven't had any complaints about the midwife in question for at least 12months but I did make a point of saying that alot of women don't realise they can complain or even change their midwife

Yeah, lots of women may feel the same as you but feel the midwives "authority" type figure is above them and they have no right to complain IYKWIM?

It's such a shame....my midwife is amazing, I'm so grateful to have her. I have had really shitty treatment from a couple in the hospitals though in past pregnancies:hissy:

Bubbles,
Because you took the time to say something and stand up for better care, that midwife might actually be one of those amazing midwives one day. If she takes the critique and listens to it, it could be the start of better practice for her.
But you also just saved a lot of other women who don't have your confidence from a less than pleasant healthcare experience during pregnancy.
Yay you!

Definately!

Well done for following it up and result from the manager too. :D

Only just spotted this thread!!! I had a horrific appointment on Monday and subsequently complained about my midwife. I started a thread in 3rd tri about it. It sound slike we're going through the same thing right now!!!
Good on you for complaining and getting your point across. I have to wait until next Thursday, then the head of midwifery is eeting me to discuss what happened. It will be interesting to see if our outcomes are the same!

Well done for complaining, although it makes me so mad that so many women have to deal with this inferior treatment far too often
xx

Only just spotted this thread!!! I had a horrific appointment on Monday and subsequently complained about my midwife. I started a thread in 3rd tri about it. It sound slike we're going through the same thing right now!!!
Good on you for complaining and getting your point across. I have to wait until next Thursday, then the head of midwifery is eeting me to discuss what happened. It will be interesting to see if our outcomes are the same!

I have been reading your post. I have my fingers crossed for you hun, hopefully your result will be as positive as mine was :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->