Made me feel guilty

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
My DD came in from school and went straight to her room, which is nothing that she doesn't normally do. When I went up to see if she was ok she started crying and said she only has one best friend at school and she wants two :nope:

She said she always plays with the same girl as she can't find any of her other friends. I asked her if anyone was being horrible to her and she said no and I told her I will ask one of the other little girls if she can play with her tomorrow.

It's made me feel really guilty and neglectful of her. She spends a lot of time in her room or playing on her own and now I am vowing to spend more time doing things with her.

Sorry just needed to get that out

Xx

Aww bless her...don't feel bad :hugs: At least she feels as though she can tell you...its not neglectful of you at all...im sure if you had any doublt she was upset you would do all that you can to solve the problem...xx

dont feel bad hun xxx my DD is 6 and has been quite emotional last year or so, think part of it is age x

:hugs: Its always hard when it comes to friendships, I've only just started to get this as my daughter only started school a few weeks ago. xx

Awe- nothing you did hun... all part of school age, but great you are being proactive and doing what you can :) Kudos! It's sweet your daughter mentioned she wants 2 friends...

TBH- I think in some ways it's best to have a few close friends than a bunch of "friends" that may not even really be that great. My SD is super super social- a bit too much at time, LOL, so she feels like everyone she knows is her BFF. Which is great, I was never that way in school- but with that can come drama (not as much at your daughters age- but it can start young, even middle school). And trust me- with her being so open and friendly to people, it's caused some drama! She's great about ignoring it- but sometimes I do wish she was more introverted for her own sake! I guess, no matter how they are or any many or few friends they have- we always only want the best for them and to protect them. It's our job. I'm sure your daughter will find new friends soon. I pretty much always just had one super close friend (maybe 2-3 other close friends) through most of my school years- wasn't till high school that I branched out more... and I have very found memories of school and the friendships I had along the way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->