Made OH cross =(

Catastrophe

WTT -hoping to TTC ~4yrs
Reaction score
My OH just shouted at me for bombarding him with baby/pregnancy facts :cry: He's got an exam this afternoon and we've both got more exams in a few days so we're a bit on edge but it still hurt a surprising amount to hear him say he had more important things right now. Even if I know he's right.

The thing is I can't really blame him -it's all I'm thinking about at the moment so it's all I seem to talk about! I just can't seem to help it. It's like my friend having her baby flipped a switch in my head that made my body remember what it was designed for and now it's determined to remind me of this every second of the day.

I've got a bit of an obsessive personality at the best of times and knowing doesn't seem to help! The last obsession was my jewellery making but because I've been revising I've put it aside for a while and it got replaced by all things baby. I started looking for information just to sate my curiosity about what my friend was going through and realised just how much I didn't know. I'm fascinated by the whole process and seeing as I want to go through it I want to know as much about it as I can. Unfortunately this is just fuelling the obsession.

Because my PhD fell through a few weeks ago I'm feeling a bit adrift and I think hanging onto the idea of having children as a definite future kind of helps to anchor me. Having to revise for exams, which is undeniably dull, is just giving me too much time to think about it all and I'm driving myself nuts :blush:

Argh now I'm too upset to concentrate on the revision I need to be doing and the sh*tty weather isn't making me feel any more cheerful.

Sorry for the essay rant. Just need to get it out. I haven't really dared confide in any of my friends just how broody I am so it just sits there and then bubbles out. Thanks for reading.

Aw honey, I understand how you are feeling! So sorry that you & your OH are feeling the pressures of exams at the moment & that it came out in this way. I'm sure he didn't mean it, stress makes people say all kinds of things.
Lots of :hugs:
xx

Awww hun im sure he didnt mean it, stress doesnt help matters, maybe he is just trying to prioritise things, im sure he knows how much u want a baby and how hard it is for u to wait, men think differently to us women, as its our bodies that will be carrying baby we obviously want to know a lot more!
Dont take it to heart to much, keep smiling xx

Many men can be very "practical", and will not see any sense in talking about something in the future. Especially if the present has its own issues hence his exams. Then of course they don't have that biological thing that sends us nuts and broody.

Very sorry you are having a hard time, try to distract yourself with nice things xxxx

Thanks :) I just had a Crunchie to cheer myself up, lol. I can't wait for the exams to be over -I hate them.

Thanks :) I just had a Crunchie to cheer myself up, lol. I can't wait for the exams to be over -I hate them.

Ahh, Crunchies, food for the soul indeed! May I also suggest KitKat Chunkies in manner of truly cheering oneself up :)

Or a very large bag of Kettle Crisps... always does the trick for me lol xx

Hey, sorry to hear you're having a difficult time. To be expected with exams though.
I was in a similar situation to you a few months ago. Felt like my career wasn't going anywhere and had lots of dull and scary things to do for it. And I found that baby thoughts were especially bad then. Since work got better and I got a bit more confidence and more of a plan I find that the baby thoughts are much more bearable. Still there (a lot!) but less intense if you know what I mean.
So hang in there! Once the exams are over and you've got a job you like or a plan/a goal to reach you'll feel better. Good luck for your exams!

I feel the same as you. Can't get baby thoughts out my mind and husband wants to wait a bit longer. We had big fall-out over this. I've made myself a list of smaller goals to try to achieve so I'm not so obsessive about babies all the time!

oh honey, big :hugs: exams are stressful and tough, i remember studying for my degree, really tough! :hugs: xxx

aww bless! Exams are a real stressful time and I remember when my hubby had his a few weeks ago he didn't want me to tell him any facts about ANYTHING as he was trying to just remember the stuff he needed to, so although it's hard, just remember how stressful it is when you are trying to retain info - they don't want the info you're giving them pushing out the infor they need to remember!! Hopefully it will all be over soon and you can give him the facts then!! :)

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->