Maid of Honor(s)? Help?!?

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
So I have a rather tricky situation to deal with.

I have my sister who is everything to me (and I'm her maid of honor in her wedding in February 2014).

Then I have my best friend of 15-16 years, but we've sort of grown apart. When we are together, its like old times, but life has gotten in the way of us hanging out like we used to in high school obviously.

Next I have my friend from college who I've now known for 9 years and have become very close with. I was her maid of honor in her wedding almost 4 years ago.

So...what in the heck do I do? My first thought was have two maid of honors and one matron of honor (and then one bridesmaid - my OH's sister). But I wasn't sure if that was too crazy or stupid. Then I thought that the easy solution was to pick my sister because who would argue with me that my sister got chosen over my close friends. BUT my best friend was a co-maid of honor to her sister with her sister's best friend.

I love them all, and I want them all to feel equally as important because they are so important in my mind. But it seems a bit ridiculous to have two maid of honors, a matron of honor and one lonely bridesmaid. LOL :wacko:

Help? What would you do (or if you've been in a similar situation, what have you done?)?

^^WSS! I mean aren't a maid/matron of honour the same thing anyway? The whole point of them being that is to support/help plan but it sounds like they will do that anyway so why do they need some fancy title?
I would just ask them all to be bridesmaids (or if you really want a MOH, have you sister) but only you can make the choice xx

Agreed. ^^WSS

I'll be having five bridesmaids at mine because I have five sisters and I'm not going to choose any kind of MOH. It's probably a agood thing too that I'm using my sisters because my two best friends both moved away this last year; one about an hour and a half, the other about 6 and half hours! So I don't see them much and it's kinda like your situation with your best friend. We're great when we are together but we've moved on a bit and grown apart. On the other hand, my OH wants two best men. Somehow I feel like best men are given more responsibilities so I don't mind.

If you really want a MOH I'd choose your sister otherwise I'd skip the whole thing and just make them bridesmaids. :thumbup:

I agree, if I was in that situation I'd just forget the MOH thing and have 4 bridesmaids, my OH is having two best men (but that's because my son is being his best man too so he wants his brother's help to do grown up best man things like plan the stag do and actually make sure he gets to the wedding lol). You could just delegate made of honour type tasks between the 3 but not have the title if you don't want your OH's sister to feel left out xx

I'm not having one, I'm having two bridesmaids, a friend and my sister who is only 17

Thank you everyone! I think I'm leaning towards just having my sister be my MOH, but I'm also liking the idea of no MOH too. lol

I just don't want anyone's feelings to get hurt.

I guess it would make more sense to have my sister as my MOH since she and my mom are the ones involved at this point with the dress shopping. Besides our immediate family's, no one (except you guys too!) knows we're even planning our wedding yet. :haha:

I'm not having a MoH, just my two best friends as bridesmaids x

I thought maid of Honour and matron of honour were the same thing!
If I was you id just have all bridesmaids but maybe give them a special thing to help you with each so they know they are extra important to you :)

If it was me I'd have my sister as MOH. Doesn't make the bridesmaids any less important. But just do whatever you feel comfortable with. Personally, if anyone got the hump about not being MOH then I wouldn't even want them as a bridesmaid in the first place :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->