Main difference between NTNP and TTC?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Hey,

I am not sure where I "belong" LOL

What is the main difference between NTNP and TTC?

I am currently just planning on lots of sex (and obviously have checked my most fertile days!)

xxxx

IMO, the way i see it...

NTNP, you're not overly anxious about getting pregnant. If it happens, it happens.
TTC, you WANT a baby and you want it NOW.

TTC is when you'd check your temp, do opks, check your cm and BD during your most fertile days to increase your chances of conceiving.
NTNP is more relaxed approach, you might have an idea of your fertile time but you wouldn't follow it as strictly as someone TTC

Hi hon, I think people will have lots of different answers to this. I don't chart etc but we are definitely 'TTC' - we are BDing for a baby! I don't really believe in a distinction - I guess you are either trying or not! xx

when you oh isnt in the country always so you can't always plan it?

Im on the fence about any type of ttc yet but if we do go for it we will only NTNP I went throught the whole ttc when trying for my son for over 3 yrs and I know I dont want to do that again but Id like to have another so we may soon stop using protection to see what happens :) I wont be having sex for a baby just when we are in the mood and if it happens it happens!

I was wondering the exact same thing. I think I'm ttc but he's ntnp :(

Ahh well it'll happen!

:dust: ladies

I just view NTNP as a more relaxed approach, a lot like others have already said. I have really irregular cycles so I can't really track my fertile days anyway, but we do BD a lot, and I'm sure I will be obsessing at one point or another.

But I don't chart, or use OPK's or anything like that. I just enjoy the BD'ing! :haha:

The difference to me is what I tell people we're doing! Officially we're ntnp, but think we're pretty much ttc!

Haha I am ttc and he's definitely ntnp. He does want another baby but he doesn't necessarily want it now. Yet I'm not on birth control, we aren't using condoms, and he is well aware of that and still has sex with me. So that is the distinction I think. Ttc is actively trying to get pregnant by having sex on your fertile days and then obsessively poasing (aka me) and ntnp is having unprotected sex and if you get pregnant, you get pregnant (aka him).

Haha I am ttc and he's definitely ntnp. He does want another baby but he doesn't necessarily want it now. Yet I'm not on birth control, we aren't using condoms, and he is well aware of that and still has sex with me. So that is the distinction I think. Ttc is actively trying to get pregnant by having sex on your fertile days and then obsessively poasing (aka me) and ntnp is having unprotected sex and if you get pregnant, you get pregnant (aka him).

That sounds like me & my hubby lol!

i agree that everyone will have different definitions!

Officially my husband and I are NTNP but in my head I'm TTC.

All we're doing is lots of :sex: but in a couple of months I want to start using OPKs. I refuse to put any pressure on him about when to BD or anything as I don't want to risk making it feel like sex is only about baby-making but I'm doing everything I can to be healthy and not mess with my hormones more than necessary!

We're in the NTNP phase... ten years of bc- just off nuva ring two months ago- and not sweating it.

Not opposed to it= but not charting and going above and beyone.

It sounds like hubby and I are a lot like all of you. We are taking a pretty relaxed approach to it. We haven't used condoms since we got married, but I've stayed on the pill and had been on the pill about 7 years. Just went off the pill, so we have started unprotected sex, but I don't plan on doing any of the charting or whatnot unless we aren't pregnant after maybe 6 months. It took long enough to get hubby to the mindset of NPNT, that that I don't want to freak him out with all that. I think in my mind, I am TTC a little more than NPNT, but yeah. We aren't telling family that we are off the pill or anything.

My story is very similar to most of yours! DH and I are definitely not doing anything to prevent a pregnancy but we aren't 'ok, it's a fertile day let's go' either... well... maybe in my head I am. LOL. I went off the pill after 9 years in early June. That was mostly because I heard it may take several months to get a regular cycle back and we both want kids eventually. So that was the beginning of our NTNP. I'm not charting\taking temps yet so I don't consider us TTC. I'm just trying to become aware of my cycle and whatnot. Trying not to stress about it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->