Make up bag essentials

Mrs R

Reaction score
Just being nosey and wondering what you can't live without? I'm having a makeup bag revamp and hoping to get a few good bits. Been looking at Clinique stuff. Anybody use more expensive products and find them good??
Are they worth buying?

I buy MAC studio fix foundation - its a god send for my bad skin lol covers spots & blemishes!! For mascara I prefer the ones with curved brushes. X

I had a look at mac studio fix. Mite give it a try

I have to have kohl and contour eyeliner pencil and YSL touché éclait. Without these I can't even leave the house! :haha:

I love benefit for blusher (either throb or dandelion are my fave). And if I'm using a liquid foundation I use bourgoius foundation primer. It's brilliant, without it my skin looks dry and flaky; with it I look almost airbrushed. :haha:

Brushes, foundation, and blush are where I really spend my $$.

Can't live without....

-face primer
-a pack of eye makeup wipes
-eye primer
-eyebrow gel
-really smudge proof eyeliner
-mascara

I don't care for Clinique's blush or eye shadow because they tend to break easily in the case. In which I'm not rough with my makeup at all. Their brushes are decent though and I do like their moisturizer.

Primer is a must for me
Mac foundation
a good concealer for under eye bags
Khol eyeliner
dark eyebrow pencil

:)

I cant live without -

1. A good goats milk moisturizer!
2. Bare minerals fairly light foundation
3. Rimmel powder
4. Urban decay eye liner
5. urban decay eye shadow, i mainly wear graffiti
6. the falsies mascara.

The only things i wont buy cheap are eye shadows - there's just no point!

Not really a fan of expensive make up as I find cheaper stuff, e.g. rimmel, boujois, revlon all do the same thing. I think my only premium buy has been Benefit Boing as its a heavy duty concealer, I find this more effective than the YSL touche eclat to be honest, probably cause Im old lol and fills in the gaps better .
The other benefit stuff i use is that high lighter stuff 'High Beam' (a gift from MIL) as it makes my face look dewey as I find my favourite foundation Revlon colour stay can make my skin appear too matt. I also like Boujois colour pots eye shadows, they are classic, and their rosey blush. I use a manky old kohl pencil for the eyes, I dont know the make but they all do the same thing IMO. And Benefit Mascara, that was a gift from DH 2 years ago lol
Apart from that I dont use anything else. I tried primers but they just ended up making my makeup look like a mask.

I love benefit, most of my makeup is benefit now. It lasts ages and is well worth paying abit more for IMO,
My favourites are spin the bottle stick foundation
Benetint blusher
High beam for bags under eyes,
And I love my barryM black marker pen eyeliner :)

I love estee lauder double wear foundation and i have some ysl concealer which is brill. I also got some decent make up brushes aswell

i'm looking for a good foundation but my skin is really light so i need porcelain and a really light one too. Where is good for this?? HELP cos i need some ASAP lol xx

Try Mac's lightest foundation! I'm really pale atm and it works for my tone. Clinique's lightest was too dark.

My make-up bag essentials:

Scandal eyes mascara by Rimmel
Body shop shimmer
cotton buds (for removing the mascara mistakes :haha:
My Virgin eye shadow brush
Body shop blusher brush
lip gloss
air whip foundation
powder minerals foundation

Can i reccomend mua from superdrug. £1-£4 a peice. Amazing stuff. The eyeshadow is sooo good. Doesnt come off and so good!!! And the primer is brill n only £4!

Beci-Boo I'm pale and I use BareMinerals fairly light foundation and it's a great match, really natural looking.

I personally use Avon Magi-x face primer, it's great.

If I was stuck on a desert island with only a small make up bag I would take - mascara, currently using Maybelline one and it's great, garnier roll on eye concealer thing, lip gloss.

I love my Estee Lauder Double Wear maximum cover foundation.

I never buy the cheaper brands foundations because I find they don't work as well with my skin and trust me i've tried most of them because i've had problem skin since my early teens!

I always have mascara and my NYC eyebrow / eyeliner pencil and a bit of blusher. I can live without everything else.

The Urban Decay Naked palette is amazing for anyone who likes natural eyeshadows!

I hate everything Clinique I've ever bought! For foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear is amazing, seriously can't beat it. Becci have you tried Dainty Doll? It's Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud's collection, specifically for pale skin. https://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Brands-A-to-Z/Dainty-Doll/ ive not tried it myself but it's worth checking out.

Admittedly I don't use the really expensive makeup, but my number one thing I can't go without is my mineral powder foundation. I lovesit. Evens out my skin tone and gives it a healthy glow.

Also my concealer, and it's great as it's beeswax based and goes on really nicely and you can layer it.

Oh, oh and...liquid eyeliner.

I would consider everything in my makeup bag something I can't live without:

- Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation
- Nivea Q10 Tinted Day Cream
- Elf Mineral Mascara
- Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter
- Elf Eyebrow Kit
- Elf Eyebrow Treat and Tame
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Urban Decay Dew Me Setting Spray

I wear those everyday and switch up my eye makeup and blusher (if I wear it).

i'm looking for a good foundation but my skin is really light so i need porcelain and a really light one too. Where is good for this?? HELP cos i need some ASAP lol xx

Revlon ColorStay Foundation do a very light shade. I'm very very pale and it matched my skin perfectly. Can't remember the shade name but it's the lightest one they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->