Make up on toddlers

Raggydoll

Reaction score
Apologies because this is a Daily Mail link; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-Katie-Princes-daughter-Princess-Tiaamii.html

This just makes me so sad that at such a young age she is being taught her natural beauty needs enhancing. She's such a sweet little girl.

I think the occaisional lip gloss or toe nail painting is ok, but that's a lot of harsh chemicals on her delicate skin.

Why is she in such a rush for her baby to grow up? :shrug:

Like you said, the odd time a bit of make up/nail varnish isn't going to harm...but that article is just sad :(

Although before people slate Jordan (haha....I really don't like her either) on the comments is does say that her daughter only did it once, so she can't really blamed for this one!

Everytime there is an article like this they bring Jordan into it!

I do let Hannah wear some of my make up (a bit of light lip gloss or a very very very light eyeshadow lightly brushed on her eyes) because she enjoys it and no one can really see it anyways (she doesn't know that :shhh:) but I'd never let her out of the house with more than that on. Whenever she wants other things (ie mascara) I just tell her it's for big girls only, there's plenty of time down the road for all of that.

ETA: I have no idea who Jordan is :rofl:

I do let Hannah wear some of my make up (a bit of light lip gloss or a very very very light eyeshadow lightly brushed on her eyes) because she enjoys it and no one can really see it anyways (she doesn't know that :shhh:) but I'd never let her out of the house with more than that on. Whenever she wants other things (ie mascara) I just tell her it's for big girls only, there's plenty of time down the road for all of that.

ETA: I have no idea who Jordan is :rofl:

^^ believe me you're very lucky not knowing.

Hopefully it was just for effect in the papers but the make up is caked on. The little girl looks so much older than 4, I think that's what shocked me.

Amelie does wear nail polish on her fingers and toes everyday but o well :shrug: I also let her wear makeup if she asks (eyeshadow, blusher and lipgloss lol). Its just dress up for her though, i'd hate for her to think she needs it at 5 or 6 :(

my lo at 4 had her own make up. but all she ever put on was eye shadow and lippy and at that she looked more like a clown than anything else. id never have thought about teaching her to apply perfectly because she enjoyed doing it herself and it was only ever woren in the house.

think its sad this little girls mum feels the need to plaster her in make up

That girl looks too made up for it to be 'playing' around if you know what I mean.

I think if I had a little girl I would put things like nail varnish on her and let her try things out. But not as an every day thing. That little girl looks about 13 in the face!

"‘There’s nothing wrong with Jordan letting her daughter do it – it’s normal girlie behaviour."

Yeah but Jordan didn't put a full face of slap on! False eyelashes and lipgloss. Not like she's wearing it everyday.

maybe its because i have a boy .. but i think makeup FULLSTOP is just odd.... dress up is an outfit or a crazy hat imo not makeup in ANY form, like i said tho maybe its because i have a boy, its sad to see kids growing up so fast... x

I wouldn't put makeup/nail varnish on my kids but each to their own:shrug: Looks very odd to me, little kids look way prettier au naturel!:flower:

It is a no make up household here too. I make sure that I have done my own hair/ make up before Emma gets up in the morning because I don't want her to think that doing the face is something that you have to do.

Emma loves to play in my makeup when I get myself around but I wouldn't put it on her. And I wouldn't put nail polish on her either. Not quite yet. I think maybe in a year or two I'll put it on her toes for fun together. But only the piggy paint kind of polish that is made for kids.

I don't have girl, but if I did and she wanted nail polish on, I would absolutely do it! I think it's just little girls wanting to be girly :)

As for makeup, I would let her use it in "play", but probably not let her leave the house with it on.

I'm not keen, then again my mum never wore make-up and I don't now. I only wear it on nights out really, but never everyday. I remember my Gran got me make-up for my 13th (YES 13TH!!) birthday and my mum was really disappointed! x x

"Normal girlie behaviour" is my DD sitting in front of me in the mirror picking up all my make up (After I've finished with the lids on) and copying what I do.

"Normal girlie behaviour" is not owning you're own make up bag at 4/5 years old and wearing it that thick..Maybe it's because I'm a No7 consultant so I work with make-up and know the amount of chemicals that go into certain brands which is why I'm so against it but either way I think it's wrong.

There is nothing wrong with playing dress up, after all, it is *just* make up. HOWEVER, there is a big difference between playing dress up and actually making it a daily routine for everyday life.
I oppose things like that. I believe kids should be left to be kids, should be getting dirty in the playground having fun, not being preened and covered in make up or getting their hair straightened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->