Make your own playdough?

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
Has anyone ever made their own playdough? Is it any good or are you just better off buying it? Anyone got a recipe for it?

i got one hold on i find it!! we make loads of playdoh in this housw :D

https://www.babyandbump.com/kids-teenagers/43503-home-made-playdoh.html

there you go..

it comes out the same texture as 'real' play doh and you can put lavender oil (or what ever you fancy) in it to make it smell nice

xx

you could try googling it.

I was watching "Jon & Kate Plus 8" one day and her sister had made her kids playdoh that you could eat. You just play until done.. then eat! :D

Our playgroup made some and it was minging (that might of just been there's tho!)

Found it more messier as u had to keep adding flour as it became dead sticky! eeewww

good luck

you could try googling it.

I was watching "Jon & Kate Plus 8" one day and her sister had made her kids playdoh that you could eat. You just play until done.. then eat! :D

Yeah I think the eating the playdough thing could be an issue for us lot. They eat anything not nailed down!

my play doh mix is fine to eat... you can put oats and stuff with it too to change the texture...

We make gloop at work by mixing cornflour with water - the kids love it! I have a playdoh recipe there which I will post tomorrow which has hand cream in it and it lasts a bit longer than normal home made dough. I also have a long list somewhere with all sorts of recipes on, so will forward that when I get back from work!

https://www.babyandbump.com/kids-teenagers/43503-home-made-playdoh.html

there you go..

it comes out the same texture as 'real' play doh and you can put lavender oil (or what ever you fancy) in it to make it smell nice

xx

God that's an amazing amount of salt in it! Did you use any particular oil over any other? For instance is vegetable oil better than olive oil?

yeah.. the gloop is cool too. You can see videos of it on https://www.youtube.com
It's like liquid that gets hard-you can even walk across it!!

the salt makes it last for ages, you could use less but youd have to throw it away after a week or so. i just use veg oil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2XQ97XHjVw

hopefully that works.. that kinda the gloop-except a REALLY REALLY large amount of it! haha..

Just wanted to add on the end of this thread that we followed your recipe, Uvlollypop and it worked brilliantly.

Thank you!

I never thought of making the playdough, but now thinking back I can remember doing this as a kid. I think I may do that with the girls this weekend while OH is gone. I have realised I have not been doing nearly enough with them since Donovan has arrived. Thanks for the recipe UVlollypop! Any other suggestions on new things to try would be fun also. Just some rainy day kinda fun for all to share!

we make our own playdough sometimes, and you definatley can eat it. Put diff food colourings in it to make it diff colours, when i was younger (havent tried with Al yet) we made xmas playdough decs and we still have them to this day in my mothers house. They just dont rot haha once its fully hardned and you put some thing over it...
I'm gonna definatley do this with alex this xmas :D

Just wanted to add on the end of this thread that we followed your recipe, Uvlollypop and it worked brilliantly.

Thank you!

I use the same recipe for work (work in a school) but cook it in the microwave for a minute at a time until done.

You can add food colouring, food flavouring or glitter. I even made black dough once for halloween. My favourite is red dough with strawberry flavouring.

Gloop (cornflour and water) is also great. You can add food colouring to this aswell.

Shaving foam is also another favourite, aswell as cooked spaghetti. Te list is endless.

Can't believe you eat this stuff! :shock: Surely it's outrageously salty?! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->