Makeup help

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I need some new makeup suggestions please, I'm starting to look like a china doll and not in a good way! I was hoping there were some makeup gurus on who could give tips on what I need to revamp my makeup bag!

I'd really like a foundation that is maybe light reflecting but kind of matte, but not a dull matte- the one I have now makes me look ill!- more a velvety matte. I have the whitest skin ever which makes it hard to look healthy!

I also need a mascara that isn't clumpy but looks really natural but still gives long lashes and good definition. Also perhaps a eye palette okay for pale skin and hazel eyes that I can use to contour but naturally (blacks and dark browns look silly).

I was also hoping for some sort of light reflecting concealer to help hide my nose creased and under eye bags. Touche Eclat isn't cutting it even paired with MAC concealer. A matching loose powder for finishing touches would also be amazing!

Any ideas? Hoping someone has a clue! :blush:

Foundation: Georgio Armani luminous silk. Gives a relatively matte finish, but still natural. Very velvety and goes on smoothly.

Mascara: Macs mascara is really good. I tried it many years ago and wasn't impressed and have stuck with Maybelline ever since. But recently I'm not so happy anymore with maybelline, I think they may have changed ingredients as it's looking clumpier. I recently tried Mac again and they must have done something new to their mascara (either that or I used an old one when I first tried it) because it was fantastic.

Eye palette: Do you mean an eyeshadow palette or a face contouring powder palette? Anastasia Beverly Hills do a face powder contouring palette which is supposed to be amazing but i haven't tried it and I don't think they sell it in the UK yet. Eyeshadow wise, have a look at the Naked palettes, or I would always recommend to just buy an empty mac palette and just create your own, it's the best way to get the exact colours you need and will use.

Light reflecting concealer: Clinique do a good light reflecting one too called airbrush concealer.

Loose powder: do you mean a translucent finishing powder to set your foundation? I like Shu Uemeras finishing powder (face powder matte in colourless) and Macs prep and prime loose transparent finishing powder.

You should go to a department store so it's easier for you to try it all out under one roof.

I also am very pale and I find a bit of blush does wonders. Currently I use maybelline dream bouncy blush which I really like, I'll have to check the color.

I use Bobbi brown correcter layered under Makeup Forever full cover concealer under my eyes. I am using the YSL foundation but I don't really like it. I set it with Makeup Forever Microfinish Powder however I am finding it dries my skin too much so I don't always use it. I also use Benefit High Beam highlighter sparingly at the tops of my cheeks and near my eyebrows which adds some glow.

I don't always use mascara but I do curl my lashes with the shu umera curler.

I'm really pale, I use Revlon Colourstay foundation, but I need a decent amount of coverage as I've got blemish prone skin, so may not be the best option for you, it's not massively glowy. I've heard good things about the Rimmel Wake me Up foundation for glowy-ness (is that a word? lol) and the Bourjois Healthy Mix one. The Bourjois chocolate bronzer in shade 51 adds a nice bit of natural colour as well.

The best mascara I have ever tried is the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes one, in the waterproof version, it doesn't clump up and is really black and barely needs building up.

Eye palettes - got to be the urban decay naked ones, or naked basics is pretty good too. Would never use anything else, you don't need to!

I find the L'Oreal True Match powder in R1/C1 Rose Ivory to be a perfect match for my skin and sets my base make up perfectly. I use a big brush to put it on, it sets better than using the puff thing that comes with it.

Foundation: Georgio Armani luminous silk. Gives a relatively matte finish, but still natural. Very velvety and goes on smoothly.

Mascara: Macs mascara is really good. I tried it many years ago and wasn't impressed and have stuck with Maybelline ever since. But recently I'm not so happy anymore with maybelline, I think they may have changed ingredients as it's looking clumpier. I recently tried Mac again and they must have done something new to their mascara (either that or I used an old one when I first tried it) because it was fantastic.

Eye palette: Do you mean an eyeshadow palette or a face contouring powder palette? Anastasia Beverly Hills do a face powder contouring palette which is supposed to be amazing but i haven't tried it and I don't think they sell it in the UK yet. Eyeshadow wise, have a look at the Naked palettes, or I would always recommend to just buy an empty mac palette and just create your own, it's the best way to get the exact colours you need and will use.

Light reflecting concealer: Clinique do a good light reflecting one too called airbrush concealer.

Loose powder: do you mean a translucent finishing powder to set your foundation? I like Shu Uemeras finishing powder (face powder matte in colourless) and Macs prep and prime loose transparent finishing powder.

You should go to a department store so it's easier for you to try it all out under one roof.

Totally unrelated but your blog is too cute. Lol I am from Louisiana and I always forget that the tradition down south is far more different than a lot of places in the states much less someone from another country. It's eye opening to read about your experiences.

Totally unrelated but your blog is too cute. Lol I am from Louisiana and I always forget that the tradition down south is far more different than a lot of places in the states much less someone from another country. It's eye opening to read about your experiences.

Ahh thanks :) I've kinda moved my blog over to my Instagram as I'm struggling to keep up with my blog, it's far easier to upload to my Instagram (if you fancy following me there :) ) It's definitely been tough trying to get what's going on here, I do still feel very much like an outsider when it comes to certain things. But texans (southerners in general in the USA) are definitely very warm, friendly and welcoming. I still find it a bit strange when people just talk to me randomly, that would never happen in London!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->