Making Membrane Sweep Effective + Second Baby

krulci

Reaction score
Had my first sweep for this pregnancy and am feeling lots of pressure, but not much else. Any ideas on how to encourage the effects?

Also, anyone have their membranes swept with two or more pregnancies? I had mine swept twice with DS, and still didn't deliver for another week after the second go-round. MW swept me today and casually mentioned they're more effective with a second baby... Has this held true for any of you?

I'm hoping so, due my first sweep in 16th! My midwife did say she felt it would be successful as my first was.x

I really think it depends on how ready your body is for labour. I must have had 5 attempted sweeps already since 38 weeks (been in hospital for a few of these attempts) and am due another today. They have done nothing for me because my cervix is just in the wrong position. I've been losing what I think may be bloody show all morning so hoping cervix may have had some changes since the last attempt.
I know people who have had sweeps and they've worked really well but my body just doesn't seem to respond :dohh:
All the best for yours, I hope it gets things moving for you xx

My auntie had a sweep yesterday at 38 weeks for baby 2, she's now in labour so they can assist I'd say :flower:

I really think it depends on how ready your body is for labour. I must have had 5 attempted sweeps already since 38 weeks (been in hospital for a few of these attempts) and am due another today. They have done nothing for me because my cervix is just in the wrong position. I've been losing what I think may be bloody show all morning so hoping cervix may have had some changes since the last attempt.
I know people who have had sweeps and they've worked really well but my body just doesn't seem to respond :dohh:

Thank you! Though I seem to be more like you in this scenario... My body never took to them with DS. My midwife said I'm welcome to start coming in twice a week or more to be swept, if I want. After trying to do dishes and mop with this giant belly, I'm thinking I'll take her up on it!!

I saw you're past dates. How far along are you? Really hoping today is your day!!

Thank you! Though I seem to be more like you in this scenario... My body never took to them with DS. My midwife said I'm welcome to start coming in twice a week or more to be swept, if I want. After trying to do dishes and mop with this giant belly, I'm thinking I'll take her up on it!!

I saw you're past dates. How far along are you? Really hoping today is your day!!

I'm 40 + 8 today and very fed up! Sweep today appears to have achieved nothing again. I've resigned myself to being induced on Monday as planned. This baby has no intention of arriving before then! Thanks for the well wishes though :) And I'd definitely say it's worth a try anyway to get things going if your mw will do them xx

I had a sweep with my ds and went into labor the next day. Only sends u into labor if your body is ready. I'll be asking for a sweep at my 39 week appt if I make it there.

I had a sweep with my ds and went into labor the next day. Only sends u into labor if your body is ready. I'll be asking for a sweep at my 39 week appt if I make it there.

Same! Pretty sure I'll cry if I make it to my next appt. You'd think I'm ready for labor... 4cm and fully effaced with sporadic contractions throughout the day. How do I evict this kid?? :haha:

had a sweep weds and didnt work and i had some blood with it so thought it worked but no :wacko: my last sweep worked so was hoping this would being 3rd baby

Natalie - when did you deliver with your other two? I'm starting to think I might be later than I was with my first. I didn't think that happened!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->