Making my own fleece liners

ummar

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I've got a stash of size 1 bamboo nappies plus wraps to start my new baby on. I want to get some fleece liners just to help him stay dry (less worried about catching the poo given how runny it will be before weaning).

Can I just buy a basic fleece blanket and cut it up? What size should each liner be?

Yep any polyester fleece will do. I prefer anti-pill fleece as it goes less bobbly (lots of blankets are anti-pill anyway) but it's not necessary. I'd make the liners a rectangle just a bit smaller than the inside of the nappy so that it covers all the wet area but won't stick out (which would cause leaks). If you want a rough guide, Wee Notions have the sizes they make their liners here https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_14_13&products_id=129 in the drop down menu.

Do you put the liner on top of the nappy? I'm confused. Is it one of those pocket ones so you stick the fleece inside or does it go next to the baby's skin?

Next to baby's skin because it wicks away moisture from the baby's skin and into the absorbent part of the nappy.

make sure you get the liners you make up to absorbancy, i didnt and it just ran out the side of tthe nappy :dohh:

make sure you get the liners you make up to absorbancy, i didnt and it just ran out the side of tthe nappy :dohh:

Just to clarify, liners aren't absorbent, they literally just line the nappy like a protective layer and fleece ones help baby stay dry. Inserts are the absorbent parts. You do occasionally see some sellers refer to an insert as a liner but I'd stick with the previous definition for clarity :)

Just to clarify, liners aren't absorbent, they literally just line the nappy like a protective layer and fleece ones help baby stay dry. Inserts are the absorbent parts. You do occasionally see some sellers refer to an insert as a liner but I'd stick with the previous definition for clarity :)

That's what I thought. I will give the fleece blanket I'm going to buy a good wash anyway before cutting it up.

Oh good to know :dohh: I feel silly for asking but haven't actually started to CD yet as baby hasn't arrived. Lots to learn even though I've learned tons. Thank you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->