Making things for baby?

ClairAye

Mum to one of each!
Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you have made or plan on making things for LO? :flower:

I love knitting, I've already knitted my son hats, gloves etc, I love making and knitting headbands so if this baby is a girl that will keep me stitch happy :haha:

I plan on learning to crochet and make this one a blanket :)

Who else? :D

I wish I knew how to do that stuff, I would love to! :(

It's dead easy! :D
I knitted all through my pregnancy, but since I have LO I have less time but still get to sit and do something, he has a wee teddy bear I knitted him that he takes to bed :D

I wish i knew how too knit, i'd love to be able to make cardigans with matching hats! I love being creative, so i'll probably end up decorating things for the wall, and making his/her name when the time comes!

Knitting really is easy :flower:

I'd love to as well but get bored so stick to small things :haha: Definitely plan on knitting a wee white jumper this time though! I love it when I put things I've had my LO on him, feels great! Lol

Maybe I should just youtube clips on how to knit! Ohhh you did a teddy how adorable :)

Following videos is great :flower:
I learnt from watching someone in person but it's much easier than a book! This is his teddy :D

https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/304255_2676859258914_1567594201_n.jpg

Wow! I wish I learned that! My nan spent so long trying to teach me but I just never got the hang of it! Maybe one day :haha:
I think that's such a beautiful idea though! Cost effective and would mean so much more in 10 years than something bought from a shop x

I plan on crocheting a baby blanket for LO as soon as I can decide on the yarn, lol. Other than that I was planning on making little things for her nursery. Wood letters that I'll paint and decorate myself to match her nursery, and of course making tons of bows and headbands. I'll probably end up having one to match every outfit. :blush: Other than that, OH is planning on painting something for her, we just haven't decided what yet. :D I absolutely love the teddy bear though, I'll have to try something like that!

I made most of a jar of 1000 paper stars in different colored paper. Im leaving it not full and writing little things on the rest of the slips as she grows up to finish it off (aka my lame excuse for why i didnt get around to finishing it!)

I love making headbands and I have a boy :dohh:
He has a dinosaur hat too, definitely means a lot! I love my old knitted and crochet things :D

The jar & stars sounds lovely! :D

I'm not even pregnant yet and I've been making things for my future baby for the past 2 years! (I'm nearly 22)

I knit, crochet, sew, quilt, embroider - my future baby has so much handmade stuff already hehe. Quilts, clothes, knits, toys... It's getting hard to store it all! I love making baby things

Love making things for my LO. I can't knit but I LOVE quilting. Started making her quilt a few weeks ago, not finished it yet infact I'm only about a 1/4 of the way through but been a bit busy so not had much time to work on it. And then MIL is a master knitter and has already made 3 different blankets and 2 cardigans for LO.

You'll get time to finish it though! I'm struggling right now to even do small things because I get no time apart from when LO is in bed and by them I just want to relax :haha:

I make headbands for my girls and the nursery I hand painted owls all round the window and on the walls :)

If i'm having a little girl i plan on making lots of headbands!
Going to knit a blanket!

I'm looking through blogs to see what other people have made and what i can make! :)

If we have a girl our house will explode from all the head bands I'll make :blush:

My house will be exploding with headbands and ruffle butt onsies if it's a little girl! Of course everything being pink and purple! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->