making up/keeping bottles

em82

preg -2nd triemester
Reaction score
just a question........

with my 1st son, 6 yrs ago i used to make up bottles for a 24 hr period and keep in fridge. i have been doing this this time too. if im going out i take a ready made carton tho. is this ok

xx

Well they do say to make up fresh bottles and not to leave them for more than 2 hours but to be honest I doubt it will harm your LO as people have been doing it for years. Plus it's so much hassle. I make up 3 for the day then 3 for night. As long as the bottles are sterilised and you use fresh boiled water for each batch I don't think there's a problem

cheers, yeah thats how im doing it now. just made up 3 which will do him until tonight then i will do another lot tonight

xx

We make ours up 24 hours at a time. From what I read on the can and in my books this is fine as long as we put them in the refrigerator before the water has cooled. Hannah hasn't had any problems so I'm assuming it's fine.

I used to make mine up 3 at a time but my HV gave me into trouble and now i just make them up every time a need 1

We make ours up 24 hours at a time. From what I read on the can and in my books this is fine as long as we put them in the refrigerator before the water has cooled. Hannah hasn't had any problems so I'm assuming it's fine.

It is perfectly fine :)

I did the same, 24 hours at once. We made them all up, cooled them really quickly (in a sink of cold water) and got them into the fridge asap!

Im sure thats fine!

With my first two children I made them up every 24 hours but I didnt keep them in the fridge, I kept them on the kitchen side or in the cupboard at room temperature when bubba wanted a bottle I just grabbed it and fed, I know they advise to put in the fridge but I never did and my kids are fine, I'll do the same with this one aswell

When you are at the hospital the milk they supply are not kept in the fridge or the cartons in the supermarkets, I understand they may have a preservative or something in them, saying that I expressed with my second and will be for this baby and would keep this in the fridge

With my first two children I made them up every 24 hours but I didnt keep them in the fridge, I kept them on the kitchen side or in the cupboard at room temperature when bubba wanted a bottle I just grabbed it and fed, I know they advise to put in the fridge but I never did and my kids are fine, I'll do the same with this one aswell

When you are at the hospital the milk they supply are not kept in the fridge or the cartons in the supermarkets, I understand they may have a preservative or something in them, saying that I expressed with my second and will be for this baby and would keep this in the fridge

i do the same and grace has had no problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->