Male and new to this

Shonky

Reaction score
Hi I'm 25 and me and my fiancé are around 10 weeks pregnant! I'm so happy and can't wait fir our little sprog to be here :) I'm here to look and try to understand more what she is going through and how j can best support her! I'm trying my hardest and think I'm doing right but I can't imagine what she's going through bodily and emotionally ... I love her and just want to do the right thing ... It's the stupid things like she's never hungry and I worried she's not eating properly etc

Welcome! It's nice that you're taking that kind of initiative :) as she's only 10 weeks, loosing her appetite is quite normal, especially with morning sickness! Just make sure she takes her prenatals and baby looses nothing! It's mumma that suffers, baby will never go without :haha: they will pull every last thing from your fiancé and be happy as larry! Good luck :D

Your going through a lot mentally too, talking to her is the best thing so you can both be going through it together. She will probably want to have a moan every now and again, and you don't have to feel like she expects you to do anything about it, but maybe just say thanks for carrying your baby and remind her she is doing well. It's hard coming to grips with all the changes and can be very boring and frustrating sometimes. You'll be fine though.. Congrats and good luck! :)

Why not go and get some sea sickness bands for her, it shows her you're thinking about what she's going to be going through and they could actually be useful if she does suffer badly with morning sickness.
I think it's lovely you're thinking into this so much already, she's very lucky. :)

I agree with the other ladies. Loss of appetite in the first tri is very common. My OH was worried about it too, but baby will take what it needs. :baby:
Just listen to her when shes talking about different things. She doesn't know whats going on with her body either, its all new. Shes not necessarily looking for answers from you just someone to explain things to! I personally found every trimester brought something new, with this last one being the least enjoyable physically (besides all the movement)

Enjoy it. Its such a special time. Ive definitely felt closer to my OH since the very beginning. Congrats to you both. :flower:

Hi and welcome
It's nice to see a father to be actually come here advice.
I would try not to worry about her not eating a lot, baby still takes everything he/she needs from mummy.
I can quite easily go till 3 4 in the afternoon with out eating and baby is growing fine.
theres always going to be times in the pregnancy where she'll be more hungry then others. The best thing you can do, is just to listen to her, but also make sure your taking care of your self as well, she needs you to be there for her. to be her shoulder to cry on when she gets emotional, lets face emotions are every where in pregnancy. make sure you both get sleep, it's not just your other half that needs it's you as well.
there are loads of books out there for fathers to be that might help you as well as the ladies here. congrats to the both of you

Thanks all, I know it's just hard sometimes when she's worked all day and comes home and doesn't eat. She's at the very nausea stage lately where she's feeling very sickly and tired! I've had candles lit, cushions as tore at the ready! Even massaged the feet!! Lol!! Just trying to keep her happy, and I sleep like a log at the mo, so I'm getting my 40 winks while I can :)

I've heard good things about Prego Pops as well, they're supposed to help with morning sickness. Also, nausea is made worse by having an empty stomach. You could pack some nutritious snacks for her to have at work- I bring a banana, a bag of unsalted almonds, whole wheat crackers, or carrot sticks with me pretty much everywhere even though I've barely had any nausea - it just makes me feel better to know I won't be tempted to go buy something quick and crappy.

Sounds like you're doing everything right though. Want to come give my husband some pointers?! He's lost! :rofl:

Good for you for supporting your fiancé!! In general she will know what she needs and it's awesome that you are helping her so much. Just trust her and don't push things on her she doesn't want. Keeping small snacks is a great idea since an empty stomach can make sickness worse. I hope you guys have a healthy pregnancy and enjoy your little one when he/she arrives :)

Remember that this is all new to her as well, assuming it's her first pregnancy :) she probably is as surprised as you are by what she's going through. Don't be afraid to ask her about it!

In terms of eating, she should let her aversions and cravings guide her...baby will take what he or she needs. The key for mama is just surviving, because it is rough to be feeling so sick all the time for weeks and weeks.

awww she really dose have the best guy looking after her.

I've heard good things about Prego Pops as well, they're supposed to help with morning sickness. Also, nausea is made worse by having an empty stomach. You could pack some nutritious snacks for her to have at work- I bring a banana, a bag of unsalted almonds, whole wheat crackers, or carrot sticks with me pretty much everywhere even though I've barely had any nausea - it just makes me feel better to know I won't be tempted to go buy something quick and crappy.

Sounds like you're doing everything right though. Want to come give my husband some pointers?! He's lost! :rofl:

Good idea about the snacks being on hand and ready but she's a fussy eater and even more so with the pregnancy so will have to keel an ear out for what she craving

I dunno about giving pointers!! Lol, I'm just trying to ensure she's comfortable I know it's still early but having things like the throw and pillows ready (or the onesies left on the radiator so are warm) for when she is feeling a bit down or rough it's there ready! I'm clearly just a big softie!!!!

I think its so lovely you have taken the initative to seek out other pregnant women to help you understand :thumbup:
I too didnt eat much at that point in first tri. I went from eating everything in site first 6weeks to almost nothing for a further 4 weeks. Try not to worry. I remember my dh would always try n make me eat too.

I will say though something I have found my DH is good at is he just lets me tell him all my worries when Im feeling emotional. Im always tired and unfortunatly sleep has been a never ending battle since pregnancy. So even if I havent cleaned up for two days and I feel so bad I just chuck a pizza in the oven. When I dish it up my husband ALWAYS says thank you and how lovely it is so I feel a little better :) and he thanks me and tells me daily how greatful he is im carrying his child and that im doing a great job. (Even if ive done nothing but cry all day:haha:)

Whatever you do though make sure shes happy and comftable enough to tell you everything thatsgoing on. Cause pregnancy isnt all nice and some things are kind of gross :blush:

Good luck on your journey to parenthood (im a ftm also) xx

Well done you, it makes the world of difference having such a supportive OH :)

Try not to worry about her lack of appetite, I've suffered horrendously from hyperemesis (severe sickness that had me hospitalised), and I barely ate a thing until I was about 20 weeks pregnant due to vomiting 15+ times a day. My baby is flourishing and due in just over 6 weeks. As previous posters have said, the baby will not suffer and just try to encourage that your OH snacks regularly, even if it is only a few mouthfuls. It's important that she keeps herself hydrated too :)

My OH has been just like you throughout my pregnancy, and I cannot tell how grateful I am for all of the little things he has done. Like for instance, recently my back and ribs have been really hurting, so he has learnt how to give pregnancy massages. My life, they have been wonderful after a long day at work! He also went out and bought me lots of snuggly maternity clothes and a onesie to relax in at home, he is always cooking nutritious meals, bringing me my favourite drinks etc.

Keep up the good work!! :thumbup:

i wouldnt worry about not eating i lived off rice crackers, crackers ect for ages i just couldnt eat a thing. so loads of snacks are needed. baby wont go hungry. i am still living off snacks!

if she askes for food, give it to her, too many times i have wanted pasta for example and my oh hasent made it for a few hours and when he gets round to it i cant eat it :haha:

personslly i love it when my oh just snuggles up with me but of course everyone is different!

it is lovely you have asked for help :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->