Male Fertility Vitamin - Recommendations

KittyKatBabe

Pruod Mummy to Zara Jane
Reaction score
Hi,

Some of you may know me, I have had 2 losses and waiting to try again (had an abnormal smear and had to wait for results- got my all clear). We are going to South Africa for the world cup and I decided I wanted to wait until then so I am not flying in early pregnancy, which is only because of my losses last time. I am also trying to lose a minimum of 1 more stone before we start just to get my body fit again and feel better personally as i did a lot of comfort eating and got out of shape.

Anyhoo back to my question, as we are due to start babymaking from June again I would like anyone's advice on mens vitamins and if they are worth it. I currently take Pregnacare and have done since July last year (with occasional breaks of a couple of days) but I am back on these everyday again now.

Its just is it worth my OH taking these, does anyone recommend any particular brand. Obviously do not want to be paying too much for these but would like a good value and worthwile one.

Also my OH is a little reluctant he doesn't think its necessary for him to take them, he said he will if its what I want him too. I just think it can't really hurt.

Any thoughts please??? :bunny:

I brought OH and I Pregnacare Conception his and her tablets. They come in a box 60 (so a months supply) for each person and are usually about £16 but I got them for £10 off Ebay. I have found they seem to be quite good for me although not sure about what effect they've had on OH.

The biggest problem is getting him to remember to take the bloody things! :dohh:

My husband takes selenium, zinc, vitamin C and Vitamin E - Boots often have 3 for 2 offers on their own brand vitamins, so you can ge them for quite a reasonable price?

I think it cost abot £10 for 2 months supply?

K

heya hun, me and OH take his and hers pregnacare conception tablets. its deffo worth persuading ur OH to take them, as zinc is vital for healthy swimmers :D x

sorry for your 2 losses kitkat, and thats great news that the smear has come back clear, that must be a huge relief

Zinc is the most important thing for boys

it says in my obsessives book that the father should take:

30mg Zinc
.4mg (usual womens dose) of folic acid
100ug of selenium
Omega 3 - including 600mg EPA and 500mg of DHA
20mg B6
20ug B12
vitamin C (my book says 1000mg but i think thats going overboard)
5mg manganese
up to 60mg co-enzyme Q-10 (Wellman only has 2mg but i have a load left over from Holland and barretts sale - they often do half price offers)

All that got a bit much, so i debated over the pregnacare his and hers, but as i have so many of the damned things backed up of pregnacare conception, i got him a Wellman multivitamin which covers it all off, ebay is a good idea to save money, will try that meself. Boots do cheaper versions of mens all in one vitamins too

Also my OH is a little reluctant he doesn't think its necessary for him to take them, he said he will if its what I want him too. I just think it can't really hurt.

to that, there are 2 sets of chromosomes making a baby, so his sperm needs to be as equally healthy as your egg, yes, you are the environment the baby develops in, but it has to be ok to start with and you want the fastest swimmer to get there in one piece.

theres a feature here about boys and folic acid:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...-fertility-in-men-researchers-say-798387.html

We have his and hers sanatogen preconception vits

hx

We're also going to start taking MACA....

congrats on your engagement too kitty!!

Hey Girls, sorry for delay getting back on, we are having problems with the internet and having a hell of a time. Its only going to take a week I hope to have my new sky access fitted.

Thank you for the replies for the vitamins, I am getting him some later. He is going to take them for me. So fingers crossed we can get on in June and have a very (re)productive time :woohoo:

Hi Kitty, My DH is on Wellman Conception. You can get them from hollands & Barrets or Boots. The wellman website has them on a 2 for 1 special if you check that. They have everything he will need to help build strong swimmers etc, all the best getting him to remember to take them. I have resorted to pinning the pack on the fridge so he has no excuse hahaha!! Just remind him to take on a full tummy otherwise he may feel a little ill (not sure if this was DH trying to find yet another excuse not to take 'em lol)

Lol thanks, i tend to dish them up to him with his food when he has had vitamins in the past lol. But I will make sure he has eaten, they are buggers for finding any excuse, I think my OH see's it as a blight on his manliness having to take vitamins lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->