Male sterilization - how far PP were you when he got it?

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
If your partner decided to get the snip snip (or any type of sterilization), how many months (or weeks) PP were you? And what did you do in the meantime for BC? Also how long did it take from the day of sterilization to the day u got the ok to not have to use a backup method BC?

I was exactly 1 week PP. Im now a little over 10 weeks PP, so hes 9 weeks being snipped. We've used condoms and pull out (although pulling out freaks me out). I still havent seen AF, makes me a bit nervous. He goes back in a few weeks to be tested to know if he gets the all clear or not.

Hope your hubby is in the clear now zombie!

Just wanted to update. We are looking into urhologists for DH. We decided since i shouldn't physically get pregnant again (due to health issues), that we are going have him get it done in a few weeks (that way *hopefully* he is in the clear once im far enough PP to be having "fun time"). Usually i wouldn't do it before baby girl arrives, but i realize, God forbid anything happens, that i can't be pregnant again, so i guess it would be pointless to wait.

Should i pass on any tips to DH? Big thing ive read is that he should do it on a friday so he can take the weekend to heal instead of taking off work.

DH got the go ahead at 11 weeks PP! Even have the letter from the doc stating he's sterile. :happydance:

As far as advice, do it as close to the weekend. DH urologist did them on thursdays. DH wanted to go to work on friday but he was WAY too sore. He took three days off (he had it done on a thursday afternoon, and had a three day weekend). He was still sore on Monday but nothing ibuprofen didn't help with. He just went on light duty for a week and then was fine after that. Also, baby him. DH came home still numb down there but within an hour he was hurting pretty bad. I brought him up dinner and took care of the kiddos and made sure to keep bring him new packs of veggies to help with any swelling. We weren't able to fool around for a good week (per doctors recommendation) but I think we waited two weeks because he was a little nervous about how it would feel. When it came to give his sample, they sent the cup home when he had the procedure and he felt really really strange about it. He made me "assist" him, and even then it was hard for him. It had to be brought in within a hour, so I drove him down there to hand it over. We turned it on a friday and had the results on Monday. They said if we had brought it on a weekday we could have had them the next day.

If you have any questions, id be more then happy to answer anything. DH was so proud he went through with it he took pictures while the doc was doing it with his phone LOL. He said he wanted them as proof that he went through with the whole procedure :haha:

Also wanted to add, im not sure how old you and DH are, but around here sometimes its hard to find a urologist who will do a vasectomy on anyone younger then 30. We had to get a referral and prove to his primary and the urologist why it was the best choice for us. For me, health wise, birth control is not an option for me, and we absolutely dont want anymore children and have been married for over 5 years. The health reasons really got us the golden ticket for them to OK it.

We plan to do it when the baby is 18 months. I was on the pill but have come off it now so we are using condoms. OH is nearly 50 now and we have 2 kids and he has 2 stepkids he still sees from his first marriage so should be fine getting a Urologist to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->