MAM anti colic bottles

Tami

Mum of one
Reaction score
Were currently using avent bottles with Lily, she's generally fine but seems like she sometimes struggles a bit with wind to the point where during a feed she'll sometimes scream her little head off!

I've heard good things about the mam bottles, but I've also heard they can leak badly?

Have any of you ladies used them? How were they?

I use them! My baby never had gas so can't comment on that, but the bottom of the bottles CAN leak. There's a rubber ring in the bottom and I think if it's not seated right then it can leak. It doesn't happen all that often, we just need to be aware of the issue, and I still love the bottles.

ETA: Just saw how young your baby is. If you are formula feeding, then ignore this. But the nipple (teat??) on the bottle is pretty small so there may be a possibility of nipple confusion if you are breast feeding as well as bottle feeding. We didn't start using the Mam bottles until 5-6 months, WELL after my baby had established how to breast feed. Good luck!

We use these and they are definately my babys favourite I struggle to get him to use his tommee tippee or avent bottles so these are always my first choice. However the bottle has a bit that screws on the bottom with a plastic ring and there has been quite a few occasions on sleep deprived nights that iv put boiling water in the bottle shook it and its poured all out the bottom onto my hands..... just make sure its screwed on right and it wont happen, easier said than done when your eyes are half shut though

I've been using the mam anti colic bottles since my lo was 3 months after she suffered terribly with colic when we used tommee tippee. They're super handy as they're self sterilising :)

Mine only leak if I assemble them when they're too hot or add water that's too hot, I leave the bottles for 5 minutes and the kettle water 10 minutes and don't have a problem xx

LOVE these bottles. Used them with aptamil comfort milk after many restless nights and haven't looked back.

If you don't put the bottoms together correctly then they do leak, hubby is constantly putting them together wrong :dohh:!

I've been using the mam anti colic bottles since my lo was 3 months after she suffered terribly with colic when we used tommee tippee. They're super handy as they're self sterilising :)

Mine only leak if I assemble them when they're too hot or add water that's too hot, I leave the bottles for 5 minutes and the kettle water 10 minutes and don't have a problem xx

Omg I didnt know they self sterilised!!! Do I just have to wash them then??

Me again... I got a good deal, 6 bottles, steriliser, bottle bag, cleaning brush for £35, went to buy more as I liked them. 3 bottles were about £20!! Anyone know where you get a good deal?

Omg I didnt know they self sterilised!!! Do I just have to wash them then??

Wash them then reassemble the bottle with the test inside and ping in the microwave for 3 mins.

This link explains better than i do!

https://www.mambaby.com/uk/the-products/info-bottles--cups/bottles/index-26960-uk.html

We have used these since about 1 month old and have never looked back.they are great.we have only ever had 1 leakage.

We've used these bottle since birth and I love them, best bottles we have used! Just remember if the bottle needs warming up or cooling down take the teat and lid off before putting in water, otherwise the milk will leaking out via the holes at the bottom! I found out the hard way as I hadn't read the instructions!

We love them here. Also love the fact we dont have a steriliser! As the others have said if the ring isnt in right they can leak. Normally oh does it wrong lol

Thanks ladies, a big help, we ordered the starter set from here for £16.29 which seemed like a good deal, also bought the next size teats ready for when she hits the 2 month mark for £2.50 for 2!

We exclusively formula feed using cow and gate.

So is the right way to make the formula with these bottles..

Sterilise the bottle, either in the microwave or usual sterilising method, we have a milton steriliser to might end up using that too.
Boil kettle and leave to cool upto 30 mins to avoid getting sprayed with milk during bottle shaking, lol. I've also read stirring the bottle with a sterilised baby spoon is really good for wind, so might try that.
Add formula, shake or stir or whatever.
Take off lid and teat to cool in cold water.
Put lid and teat back on.
Serve. :haha:

I could be doing it wrong myself as im quite new to bottle feeding but Isterilise everything in my steriliser (only found out they self sterilised on this thread) then boil kettle leave for 30 mins or so and make up up couple of feeds this has been fine so far I was only burnt when I put boiling hot water in and had put the bottom on wrong. Another time I didnt put the lid on before shaking and got spurted but now it hasnt happened again.

I could be doing it wrong myself as im quite new to bottle feeding but Isterilise everything in my steriliser (only found out they self sterilised on this thread) then boil kettle leave for 30 mins or so and make up up couple of feeds this has been fine so far I was only burnt when I put boiling hot water in and had put the bottom on wrong. Another time I didnt put the lid on before shaking and got spurted but now it hasnt happened again.

There's a real learning curve to being a mum isn't there, lol.
I haven't been covered in milk yet, but we've had exploding cartons of milk powder. :haha:

I liked the bottles but didn't trust them when cooling them in a bowl of water. I was worried they were letting the water in. I use the perfect prep now but the hot shot would probably leak with these. Anyone tried it?

Thanks ladies, a big help, we ordered the starter set from here for £16.29 which seemed like a good deal, also bought the next size teats ready for when she hits the 2 month mark for £2.50 for 2!

We exclusively formula feed using cow and gate.

So is the right way to make the formula with these bottles..

Sterilise the bottle, either in the microwave or usual sterilising method, we have a milton steriliser to might end up using that too.
Boil kettle and leave to cool upto 30 mins to avoid getting sprayed with milk during bottle shaking, lol. I've also read stirring the bottle with a sterilised baby spoon is really good for wind, so might try that.
Add formula, shake or stir or whatever.
Take off lid and teat to cool in cold water.
Put lid and teat back on.
Serve. :haha:

Wish I'd have known about this site before!! We are about to change up teats and I wasn't looking forward to paying £5 for two in boots! Yey hellooooooo overdraft!!

I liked the bottles but didn't trust them when cooling them in a bowl of water. I was worried they were letting the water in. I use the perfect prep now but the hot shot would probably leak with these. Anyone tried it?

I use the Perfect Prep with these bottles and have had no problems with leaks. I use the sealing discs to shake the formula though then swap for a teat, othewise that can get a bit messy!

If you put water/milk that is too hot in these bottles, they leak as it ruins the seal at the bottom. You're also not supposed to put them in water to cool or warm them. Says that in the instructions.

I love them but everybody else that I give them to doesn't because they can't get their heads around making formula with lukewarm water! :haha:

If you put water/milk that is too hot in these bottles, they leak as it ruins the seal at the bottom. You're also not supposed to put them in water to cool or warm them. Says that in the instructions.

I love them but everybody else that I give them to doesn't because they can't get their heads around making formula with lukewarm water! :haha:

I messaged them on facebook and they said you can cool them in water. You just have to leace the lid off.

I didn't want to ignore the formula instructions to make with hot water.

I use cool boiled water then add formula. Did the same with my first, his perfectly healthy. I think he has had 1 tummy upset in 3 and half years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->