Mama cloth question

NDH

5 on earth, 9 in heaven, 1 in utero
Reaction score
I'm making AI2 pads and currently trialling different combinations, but thought I would also poll other cloth users to find out preferences.

I've never tried pul in my mama cloth. But I do like minky topped ones best.

I haven't tried AI2's - not sure how that works? All of mine are all in one, and I feel more comfortable with the ones that have PUL on the bottom. Probably not helpful, lol.

I didnt do a very good job explaining what I meant lol.

These aren't great pictures, and ignore the uneven tabs - that was my first one I tried making that way and I goofed up lol. The bases both have PUL, but the one on the right is hidden. The absorbent pads snap on top so you can (hopefully) use just the one base and adjust the absorbency as needed with light regular and heavy toppers. But while I like the idea in theory of snap on absorbency I don't like it in practice. The snaps aren't even noticeable as I worried about at first, but there really is no benefit to changing just the top part vs an entire pad.

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-09/013_zpsgwivmdhh.jpg

I don't really understand the terminology that you are using.

Are you meaning that you are making the absorbant inserts for the nappy/diaper, which I assume is PUL...and wanting to know if people also like PUL either on the back of, or hidden inside the absorbant pop-in part?

I made my own, and I like having a 2 part system, so I can adjust based on the flow days.
I have a base which is PUL then topped with a bamboo/cotton baby terry, with pockets? at either end. The absorbent natural cloth pads fit into them. I did 2 part so I could adjust absorbency as needed (I don't reuse the base...as I can fold them and snap them in such a way that the PUL is on the outside, and the pad is a small square for transport) I also quilted the inner pads, so they would stay flat and keep their shape. If just a liner was needed, then I didn't use the inner pad - the terry worked just fine on it's own. heavier days, I doubled up, etc.
Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->