Marble run - help please!

Bid

Reaction score
I've decided to get DS (almost 5) a marble run as he loves building things and is obsessed by those bowl things you spin pennies down. But as usual I'm over-thinking it and looking at too many options and reviews, so now I'm utterly confused about what to buy. It's not even his main present, just a sudden flash of inspiration. And yet here I am two hours later, far too involved in the world of marbles. Bloody online shopping - remember when we just walked into shops and picked something off the shelf because it looked fun?! :rofl:

Anyway, help my sanity please. Galt seem to be the main brand and they have a Super set at £15 or the Mega set at £28. I'd initially planned to get a smaller/cheaper set so I've not wasted too much money if DS gets bored of it. Especially as it's not a main present. But now I'm thinking he's less likely to get bored in the first place if it's a bigger/better set. Then there's a different brand completely which is the Amazon best seller, but the reviews don't seem as good as the Galt ones. The three sets are below - help!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...p_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5CV0XY16A5T6HAFYFZ8B

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...r_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5JTHX05J4N62DG0XF34X

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...1_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4A6799QWEGJWG14SV4NE

Ps: Feel free to tell me it's only a marble run and it probably doesn't warrant being awake at 11pm over. Christmas mania has definitely set in :rofl:

We have the £28 one and it's plenty to keep them entertained with lots of varieties, i would recommend waiting for amazons Black Friday flash deals as we got this for £10

We have the big galt one is very popular here and often gets pulled out when friends come over to play.
Be careful buying cheaper versions as we done that first and it didn't take normal sized marbles.

My boys loved the marble set that we got them and would bring it out througout the year for years. They shared a set like the one in the middle link. They played up to age 9 with it.

I'd go for the bigger the better, my boys have a more toddler friendly version which uses bigger size tubes and larger ball than marbles and they still love it. They set it up and play races against each other for ages. When ds3 gets older I'll probably upgrade to a real version forvthem all

Fab thanks everyone, mega set is it! I'll set an alert on camelcamelcamel and buy it when it comes down a bit, it's pretty much full price at the moment and I never pay full price for anything if I can help it :rofl:

I haven't checked the links you posted but don't get a wooden one!
My mum got DD one last year and the pieces just sit on each other rather than fix in place and she constantly knocked it down with her knees and elbows lol. She got so frustrated. Getting them a plastic one this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->