~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Welcome Laurak! :wave:

So sorry to hear you had a terrible time with your wound, i find it shocking when i hear about peoples wounds opening and just being left it also happened to a friend of mine.

Glad your feeling better about it now :hugs: I'm in a completely different state of mind to what i was only a few months ago towards my whole c-section experience i think i really surprised myself! Time can really be a healer i guess.

Are you planning on having any more? :flower:

:wave: Laura
Gosh you had it bad :hugs:

That's another thing though that you've reminded me of
I had soluble stitches with the two beads at each end which get cut off after 5 days. I was always going to find out nearer my next due date if that's standard hospital policy or if it's up to the surgeon to choose the type if stitching

Were NTNP at the moment - Although I am breastfeeding so I dont think we will have any luck for a while yet. Both my sisters have children and I always wanted a big family. So fingers crossed I am hoping to be pregnant by the end of the year.

I think the choice is up to the surgeon. All the girls that had a csec on the day I was in were stapled by the same surgeon. The stapling part didnt bother me it was that he didnt put enough staples in so the wound didnt seal up...

Thanks for the welcome girls. xxx

Can I join aswell :)

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s: Jack Adam 23/06/08 and Harry Vance 1/08/10

EDD: Jack 13/06/08 Harry 8/08/10

Number of elective Caesareans: 0

Number of emergency Caesareans: 1

Number of vaginal births: 1

I'll start with my little section baby. Jack was 7 days over when i started noticing a drop in his movements and started getting regular tightenings. Was hooked up to a monitor on and off for the next 2 days. On the Saturday evening i was booked in for induction on the sunday evening. That night things started and 36 hours later I was fully dilated and getting ready to push. After 2 hours of trying to push a back to back baby out was not moving it was decided i go to theatre for a forcepes or vountouse delivery. Neither worked and then jacks heartbeat dropped and I ended with a section.

Recovery for me physically and mentally was hard. A week after birth my wound burst open in several places and took nearly 5 months to fully heal. For me it really was the worse experiance of my life. Love my little man he was worth it x

Now on to Harry. After waiting 14 months we ttc and concieved the same month. After a lot of research, worrying and soul searching I decided to attempt a vbac. For me reaching the pushing
*stage and then having the section mentally affected me and the feeling of faliure was immense. I went into labour a week early and 10 hours later I pushed my little man into the world. It was amazing! It helped me to heal emotionally from my first birth.

Hello everyone I will look for both my birth stories for you x

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/39077-finally-my-baby-jack.html
Jacks section story x

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...g-vbac-story-harry-wright-d-piccys-added.html harrys vbac

x x

^^ i really loved reading your VBAC story! I was hoping you would come and join us :laugh2:
I've probably asked you before but how was your scar during pregnancy? Especially towards the end?

Were NTNP at the moment - Although I am breastfeeding so I dont think we will have any luck for a while yet. Both my sisters have children and I always wanted a big family. So fingers crossed I am hoping to be pregnant by the end of the year.

I think the choice is up to the surgeon. All the girls that had a csec on the day I was in were stapled by the same surgeon. The stapling part didnt bother me it was that he didnt put enough staples in so the wound didnt seal up...

Its interesting to know that different surgeons choose different ways, i would definitely be asking next time!

How did you find breastfeeding after your section? I'm determined to BF next time. When i went in for the section i was numb from the neck down so couldnt move my arms or feel my chest rising it made me panic a bit and it took a while for the feeling to come back in my arms so i couldnt really hold her properly for quite a while after. I'm not sure why this was as most people i know who had sections said they could move their arms :(

^^ i really loved reading your VBAC story! I was hoping you would come and join us :laugh2:
I've probably asked you before but how was your scar during pregnancy? Especially towards the end?

My scar ached a bit from about 15 weeks on and off. But no major issues considering the trouble I had after jacks birth x .

My scar ached a bit from about 15 weeks on and off. But no major issues considering the trouble I had after jacks birth x .

That's very reassuring to hear. I'm hoping for a simular age gap too :thumbup:

HI popping in to join and bookmark but baby currently bf so typing 1 hand will update properly later

mizze xxx

Hey mizze Welcome look forward to hearing your story :)

I'm not sure why this was as most people i know who had sections said they could move their arms :(

Did you ask why? I couldn't feel anything from hips down which I take to be normal?

I'm not sure why this was as most people i know who had sections said they could move their arms :(

Did you ask why? I couldn't feel anything from hips down which I take to be normal?

I didn't ask why because i didn't really know what to expect, when we do become pregnant with #2 i will book up a debrief at the hospital so i understand everything from my section.

I asked to see my notes after having Jack to understand more as to why i had the section. It helped me to understand and move on and prepare myself for round 2 x

Its interesting to know that different surgeons choose different ways, i would definitely be asking next time!

How did you find breastfeeding after your section? I'm determined to BF next time. When i went in for the section i was numb from the neck down so couldnt move my arms or feel my chest rising it made me panic a bit and it took a while for the feeling to come back in my arms so i couldnt really hold her properly for quite a while after. I'm not sure why this was as most people i know who had sections said they could move their arms :(

If I am reaslly honest I have found breastfeeding a doddle. I know many people struggle with it though after a csection and I find that heartbreaking when you want to but cant for whatever reason. It took nearly 8 days for my milk to come in properly but I was on so many painkillers for my wound that the pain that is normally experienced in those first few days completely evaded me. xx

I'm not sure about the numbness - I thought it was chest and below - I held Olivia for a while whilst they were putting me back together. I would of been petrified if I couldnt move my arms :cry:

If I am reaslly honest I have found breastfeeding a doddle. I know many people struggle with it though after a csection and I find that heartbreaking when you want to but cant for whatever reason. It took nearly 8 days for my milk to come in properly but I was on so many painkillers for my wound that the pain that is normally experienced in those first few days completely evaded me. xx

I'm not sure about the numbness - I thought it was chest and below - I held Olivia for a while whilst they were putting me back together. I would of been petrified if I couldnt move my arms :cry:

I was the same after my section i managed to bf fine. Took a lot of perseverance at the start to find a comfy position x x

Thanks girls, made me feel allot better! At least if i do have a C-section again i'll be a bit more prepared for it.

hi all..
i have had 3sections so bit of a pro to say the least lol..
1st bailey 9yrs due to pc and emergency sec 8weeks early..
2nd mckenzie 3yrs due to diabetes and elective sec 2weeks early..
3rd henley 7months due to previous sections and elective that turned into emergency at 3weeks early..
awake on bailey with an epidural..
general on mckenzie due to failure of spinal..
awake on henley with spinal..
any questions fireaway i would love to be of assistance to you all..
emmaxx

Your welcome Heidi - Clairebear is right that the hardest thing is finding a comfortable position. I learnt early on that feeding whilst lying down was a life saver !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->