Marriage

Kassy

Mummy and expecting #2
Reaction score
Does anybody elses OH's never, ever want to get married??

My OH doesn't and he can't give a real reason why, it sucks.:baby:

My OH used to say he doesnt believe in it. But now he has mentioned engagement. God knows. I just dont worry about it any more. If he asks he asks. If he doesnt he doesnt! Lol.

xxx

My OH has said the same thing, and again cannot explain why. I'm not really that fussed... obviously I'd like to get married for the selfish reasons (having a lovely dress, having everyone look at me, having a lovely big party etc lol) but I appreciate that at the end of the day, there are other ways to show your commitment to each other. Unless getting married is something you have a strong belief in (especially for religious reasons) it really isn't the be all and end all anymore. x

We are currently buying a house together & my other half says he thinks that is more commitment that getting married.

xx

I'd have to agree that in a lot of ways, buying a house together is just as big a commitment, if not more, than getting married. And if you're WTT, having a baby together, to me anyway, is a bigger commitment. The disadvantages though, do include less protection/regulation from the law should things go wrong further down the line and lesser tax benefits... but to be completely honest, if these were the only reason someone chose to get married, maybe they shouldn't have bothered! x

I told my now husband that I would not have a baby until I was married.

I think in this house its the other way round.

I have NO interest in being married.I've loved helping my friends plan their weddings and I love seeing how happy and excited the whole proposal and wedding thing makes them but its just not for me :shrug:

Neither me or DH wanted to get married (or have children!) when we met and we moved in together never expecting either. But...our feelings on both changed and we talked it all through and now we've been married for 2.5 years and are planning to ttc in September!!

Marriage isn't at all necessary if you love each other and are committed to each other anyway, but as long as you can communicate openly, who knows? Maybe his feelings will change one day, especially if it's important to you?

xx

My hubby wouldn't allow me to get pregnant until we were married. Old fashioned I know but can understand why. But I also agree what a commitment buying a house is as we bought one together before we gut married . Maybe oh will change his mind.

Yup, OH doesn't want to get married but says he wants to have kids one day! When I trid to convince to start TTC, he said wud I not rather be married first? WDF? I give up! lol

Lol, thanks for all your answers girls.

I don't think my OH will ever change his mind, but i love him so i'll cope with it ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->