marrying my child's REAL father (not biological) ideas

LeahLou

Emilia+Brantley+Kyle
Reaction score
So I met my sweet guy, Tony, and we fell head over heels.
I have an almost 1 year old, Emilia, from an abusive relationship, but Tony treats her like his own.

I would like ideas on how to incorporate Emilia in the wedding. We will be changing her last name too. I really don't like the "sand" idea...a little cliche, I'd like to do something different. But what?? What did you do or are there any websites with ideas??
Thanks!

:hugs: glad you're getting your happy ending.

I don't know what the "sand" thing is all about, but when you say you want to include her do you mean give her a role in the ceremony, or make the day as much about her as it is you two? The only way I can think to make it 'about' her is to give her her own ceremony rather than rolling it all into one.
Although that said, wedding ceremonies are very different in US to UK so my idea might sound daft :lol:

We're having a naming ceremony for our daughter at our reception. We're going to appoint people to be her 'guardians', make promises to her and my sister is singing a song for her. We're also having a wishing well and little cards on the table for people to write down wishes for her future and put them in the well, then we can keep them for when she's older.

If you don't want to go over the top you could just have OH make his speech mostly about having created a family with your daughter?

I agree about the sand ceremony, lol x

The sand thing is when the 3 of us have different colors of sand and pour it in one container together to represent the meshing of the family. I've seen it done at aost every blended family wedding and I want to do something different.

Thanks y'all :)

What about he present her with a necklace or something to wear and makes a vow to be her daddy forever(like the ring exchange kind of)?

my mom was talking about having us vow to her as well or something like that too!
We'll see when things get more detailed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->