mash puree-wierd consistency

ld2204

Reaction score
i am on the second week of weaning my son and was trying out some puree's today, i did carrot,apple and pototo (seperatly) and really didnt like the consistency of the potato after i'd blended it, it was like a sticky texture and didnt look easy to eat or digest, jake likes moving the textures around his mouth and swollowing at his own pace, did everyone one else find this?is is anything to do with the starch in them? maybe it will be better when i start to mix 2veg together!
Thanx

Yeh don't blend mash! I think it's something to do with overworking the starch. Just mash it and if it's still too lumpy then pass it through a sieve. Makes normal mash, haha.
Also, if you are going to freeze it, don't add the milk before. It goes all funny when you defrost it if you do. Found all this from experience hun!

thanks so much for reply, fab advice!XX:winkwink:

yes i found mash is a horrible looking consistancy when blended and i just mash it too with plenty of milk x

I just boiled the tatties till they were crumbly, then passed through a sieve and added some of her milk to them.

OMG I remember blending mash with my first it goes like thick glue!!! LOL... never mind this is how we all learn!!

don't add the milk before. It goes all funny when you defrost it if you do. Found all this from experience hun!

I did know about not pureeing it but I didn't know not to add milk before freezing! Thanks for preventing me from making that mistake :hugs:

Your welcome. I did this, and when I defrosted it, it was like water with bits in. Ergh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->