Massage?

mayb_baby

Reaction score
OH booked me in for a full body on Friday is it safe?

I go for massages at a chiropractic clinic. My lady said to avoid heat on your back (she doesn't even turn the table warmer on) and avoid deep pressure especially on trigger points. Just make sure they know about prenatal massage. And enjoy!!

I don't know - I think just let the massage therapist know you're pregnant and they'll know which parts of the massage to do and which to avoid. Enjoy it!

I have a packet from my doctor, saying what you can/cant do or take etc. It says you can get massages but to let them know you are pregnant. And that some places may require a clearance note from your doctor.

I'm going to message the salon I'm going to and let them know I'm pregnant and see what they say.
Thanks ladies xx

I think it can be okay if the person knows what they are doing, but my understanding is that the general rule of thumb is that massage, even prenatal massage, is better off avoided in the first tri. I'd make sure whoever is doing the massage has been trained specifically in how to work on women in different stages of pregnancy.

I'm going to change it and get a different treatment to the value of the massage as I have seen a lot of places that its not reccomended at all in the first 3 months xx

My dad booked me in for a facial and a pedicure, before we knew I was pregnant for my birthday. On the day I told them I was 5weeks they wouldn't do the facial and point blank refused to go anywhere near my feet because of the risk of miscarriage.

In the end I settled for a luxury manicure minus the arm and shoulder massage, and they said come back after first trimester and they'll do a special pregnancy massage when it's safer. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->