Massive bump...

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi I just did a comparison of my pre pregnancy stomach compared to my 27 week bump and the difference is massive, should I be worried? I've put on 16 lbs so far, so quite a lot but not an absolutely ridiculous amount... Is this normal??

https://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w660/kittykat7210/image_zpsz9ivxzcj.jpg

Your bump looks so big because you were so slim before, all looks perfectly normal to me :)

Looks normal to me too :) You look great for 27 weeks!

Thank you for your replies! I'm a FTM and I thought I would look like this at full term not with 3 months left to go :rofl:

You look great! You should start getting your fundal height measured at the MW soon, you'll probably be surprised by how on target you measure when you feel like you're massive! It is definitely a big change in a short amount of time, its hard to get used to!

Fellow FTM to a now 5 day old.. trust me, your stomach will continue to grow! I looked pretty similar body wise to you pre-pregnancy and my bump ended up a decent amount larger this yours by 40 weeks! Everyone is different though! I was constantly told I had a very nice neat bump yet I felt like a whale! But i guess I did when I look back at photos! Having now had my baby, I can honestjy say every worry you have in pregnancy seems silly! I was worrying about what to wear in labour, what to wear in hospital, babies going home outfit etc. In the end, I wore a hospital gown as I had to have emergency surgery. My hair was washed and tied up out my face. I lived in my PJ's in hospital as I was too sore & tired to bother with anything else and baby came home in a plain white sleep suit from Sainsbury's as we were discharged at 11pm and she was screaming her head off as I couldn't feed her when she wanted!

My weight gain I complained about seems so insignificant compared to this tiny human I love ridiculously and who now consumes my whole day!

So I guess I'm saying just don't worry, it won't matter in 2 months time!

Fellow FTM to a now 5 day old.. trust me, your stomach will continue to grow! I looked pretty similar body wise to you pre-pregnancy and my bump ended up a decent amount larger this yours by 40 weeks! Everyone is different though! I was constantly told I had a very nice neat bump yet I felt like a whale! But i guess I did when I look back at photos! Having now had my baby, I can honestjy say every worry you have in pregnancy seems silly! I was worrying about what to wear in labour, what to wear in hospital, babies going home outfit etc. In the end, I wore a hospital gown as I had to have emergency surgery. My hair was washed and tied up out my face. I lived in my PJ's in hospital as I was too sore & tired to bother with anything else and baby came home in a plain white sleep suit from Sainsbury's as we were discharged at 11pm and she was screaming her head off as I couldn't feed her when she wanted!

My weight gain I complained about seems so insignificant compared to this tiny human I love ridiculously and who now consumes my whole day!

So I guess I'm saying just don't worry, it won't matter in 2 months time!

Thank you :hugs: I know it's silly when I'm growing a human. And I'm the same as you I alway get told how neat my bump is when I'm feeling like something out of a sealife documentary! I struggle to put my shoes and socks on, I get out of breath walking up the stairs yet six months ago I was running half marathons :rofl: it's crazy!!

You'll be amazed at how much you can grow! I was slim but maybe not as slim as you before and when I thought I couldnt get any bigger I just kept on growing! Your bump looks perfect to me xx

I feel the same way. I was fairly slim after my first pregnancy like you and thought "how much bigger can I possibly stretch?" I think slimmer girls tend to look bigger because they are all baby, hardly any fat, although I admittedly was pregnant with a large baby (she weighed 9 lbs at birth) but like others have said... your midwife will measure your fundal height soon and that'll give you some idea. She always measured 2-3 weeks ahead btw so that was our hint. My next three pregnancies I had kept some weight from each pregnancy so I'm not nearly as slim now as I used to be but I still think I look huge compared to others due around the same time as me lol.

The first picture shows me at 25 weeks with my first baby, the second picture was me in this pregnancy at 21 weeks. I think I look pretty similar now to what I did at 25 weeks with my first.

Attachments

• 1540282_652404238154945_1893202109_o.jpg
    1540282_652404238154945_1893202109_o.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 21weeks.jpg
    21weeks.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads