Massive clearblue digi confusion!

tink28

Mum of 1 & WTT
Reaction score
I used to love clearblue digi now I have gone to hating them!

I conceived my first son with them with no hassle atall. This time round it hasn't been so straight forward.

I know they say u shouldn't read the test lines, but whenever I got a smiley on them previously the test line was super dark when it was ejected, as dark as the control line. However I've used them over the past 3 cycles and when I've had a smiley and ejected the stick the test line has been so faint you can barely see it. Does anyone know how important the test lines actually are on a digi? The only reason I ask is because last time round they corresponded with the smiley face.

I've also had weird things happening, smiley face then negative then smiley face again a couple of days later. I always test at same time of day which is around 2pm. I just don't feel like I can trust them anymore?

Also does anyone know if the test holder needs to be thrown away once it's detected an LH surge that cycle, or it can be used the following month if there are sticks left that came with that pack? I've heard loads of conflicting things about this. Thanks in advance

I know exactly what you mean!!!!! When I go a smiley face it was two solid lines on the test stick so it must just look at the paper and see two lines which makes it display a smiley face.

My partner does the test and she doesnt get a solid line as much as me but still a smiley face. We tend to keep testing even after the first smiley to see how long the surge lasts as isn't the egg released as soon as the surge ends.

We confirm with the cheap ebay tests as the line gets stronger the more you approach the surge so we use them then move in to the clearblue the closer it gets.

We don't throw the test unit away we keep it and re use it for us both. Seems to work fine

Catherine

Thanks Catherine. I've also carried on testing and had two negatives now following the positive. Im so confused!

Once we had a false positive - from the clearblue we got a smiley face then none later that day. Also nothing on cheap ones. Then later that month we got the proper surge and smileys Saturday all day and Sunday morning but none Sunday night.

Confirm it with cheap ones x

Catherine this has just happened to me too I got my proper surge yesterday. What cheap ones do u use are they just IC's? X

I've had several "wrong" smilies on the digis due to the dye running- I'm guessing too much urine for it or something (even though I'm dipping for 15 seconds like it says to). When I dipped for 10 seconds, it wasn't smeared and gave me a negative. I'm not impressed with them. If I run out I will stop with the opks all together or switch back to Wondfos.

I went through all 7 clearblues in my pack and all negatives, I just couldn't swing another $25 for the same cycle so I picked up 7 line tests (First Response). I swear the last of my clearblue sticks looked a little darker than the ones before it, but nowhere near as dark as the control. The first response is almost as dark as the control today, so I think I will get my positive one tomorrow. Today was the first day after the slightly darker stick from the clearblue.

Hi ya, I got 100 x 10mui is it ??? From eBay. They are ace!!!! Pee on these and you'll see it build up then as it gets stronger pee on clearblue ones to confirm as they are 40mui (or what ever) so smiley means either on way up or down!!

Seems to work a treat this method xx

Wow i know exactly what you mean! Mine have been jacked up also... hope this makes sense
Cd12/ morning (-) noon (+) night (-).
Cd13 & 14 negative all day.
Cd15/ morning (-) noon(+) night (-).
Cd16/ morning (+) night(-).
Now im on cd 19 and still negative
Also ive only had highs on my fertility monitor since day13- today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members