Mastitis...ouch this is no joke!!

fashionlover

Reaction score
I woke up Monday morning with aches and pains similar to the flu, no vomiting diharea or sore throat, Yesterday I woke up with the worst pain in my right breast...hot and extremely sore to the touch. I called my OB and described my symptoms and it turns out I have mastitis. I have been prescribed a penicillin type antibiotic and was told to take ibuprofen every four hours, but my fever is still here today and the pain does not seem to want to go away. BTW doc told me to keep feeding baby on that side to get things unclogged....OUCH!! Any of you ladies experiencing this, or have experienced this? If so, do you have any helpful tips to try to get over this quick and relieve some of this pain. :cry:

On antibiotics for this now. It will ease. If you can't feed off that breast, use the other breast but express off the infected one.

On antibiotics for this now. It will ease. If you can't feed off that breast, use the other breast but express off the infected one.

Ugh, this is awful. Have been knocked out all week. How have you been managing it other than antibiotics? Has your milk supply decreased?

I thought it decreased then all of a sudden it's now over supply that side. I swap between hot & cold compresses and massage. Take baby to bed for a day of rest. Drink lots and take ibuprofen. It's horrendous :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->