Mastitis

k4th

Reaction score
I posted earlier about feeling tired & not coping with staying up late & feeding.

Now it seems it's more than just tiredness - I have mastitis :( I have a temperature, a red & painful breast & feel so ill. I can't feed through this with dd to look after as well :nope:

I can't cuddle ds properly as my breast is so painful.

So - I'm gutted, but our bf journey is over. I won't cry over every feed & cuddle to keep going.

Thanks to people in here for your support with my questions :thumbup:

Sorry to hear this but well done on getting to this point :hugs:

Hope you heal fast

I used to get this aaaaall the time when my older two were little although oddly enough I have not yet had it with DD2. It will be harder if you stop feeding now, the quickest way to clear it is to feed and pump as much as you can, even if you stop once it's healed. I used to feed on the affected side and at the same time I would massage the lump really hard with my fist. It hurts like hell, but it works! I would also pump off the affected side and do the same, basically emptying the breast will help clear it. I would then take a very hot bath and massage towards the nipple as hard as I could. After that, I would put a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel on the breast. This whole routine would take me an hour or so and by the end of that time, my temperature would start to drop to normal, the pain would ease off and the swelling would go down. It worked every single time, without the need for antibiotics, even when I had a bad fever and was in agony with it. Definitely worth a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->