Maternity Allowance turned down

ChocolateKate

Reaction score
Hello

I cant stop but laugh at the bureaucracy of this country sometimes. I'm eligible for maternity allowance having changed jobs in January so I sent all my forms off having followed the instructions online religiously. I have just had my forms, payslips etc. sent back with a rejection letter because I sent them 6 days early - signed on 16th May as opposed to 22nd. I have to re-do them and send them 14 weeks before my EDD, which was err two weeks ago when I sent the forms. Ridiculous or what? X

I thought it was 11 weeks before your due date?

Oh hell I've not a clue hun sorry. I've just applied for MA as a man from job centre said I qualified but get this - I've not worked since March 09 so shall be interesting to see what response I get!! :wacko:

omg how ridiculous :mad: io would be sooo angry ! I am about to send mine off too and m dreading the response there is always something that gets in the way of receiving money....
Just think once youve done it all again u will start getting your money - i know its frustrating but one more time won't hurt - 2 more times and that could get annoying!!! xxx

No, I thought it was 15 weeks before but I was obviously wrong. They state 14 in the document they've sent back, so now you know!

At least they sent a freepost envelope back although I spent £5 sending it recorded given they were my original payslips! I'm not forking out again ;-) x

I actually went to the job centre and they made copies of my payslips and stamped them as official copies. Might be an idea so you don't have to send the originals again :thumbup: I agree though. That's just silly they sent it all back.

You can claim once you are 26 weeks pregnant and they will pay from 29 weeks x

Ah that's where my 11 weeks confusion comes in, thanks!

As you can go on maternity leave from 29 weeks and get SMP I can only assume they allow you to claim from 26 weeks so they can process and pay it from 29 weeks too so people don't go without money :)

PS: I love your avatar :haha:

lol they told me throughout my pregnancy with my 1st i was eligible ha dthe forms and even told me what they would be paying me, then 3 days before my due date i got a letter to say i would get nothing as my dates for work were 1 day out of what they allow so make sure you have a back up plan. i ended up begging my family to buy nappies x

Ah that's where my 11 weeks confusion comes in, thanks!

As you can go on maternity leave from 29 weeks and get SMP I can only assume they allow you to claim from 26 weeks so they can process and pay it from 29 weeks too so people don't go without money :)

PS: I love your avatar :haha:

That makes sense!

Haha it's brilliant isn't it!!

On my forms it says to claim from 11weeks before birth up to 11 weeks after birth? so I sent mine the day I turned 29weeks and had the grant in my bank a week later? Maybe different rules for different areas?

Hope you get it sorted xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->