maternity allowance

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Is anyone here claiming/ going to be claiming maternity allowance? If so when from? I can claim from next week but that doesnt give me as long after the birth so I have put in a claim for job seekers allowance instead. Its a mine field out there, I really dont know what to do for the best!:hissy:

Not in the UK so no advice but hoping that by bumping the thread you'll get a response

I started my maternity leave a bit early at about 31/32 weeks. Only because there was lots of contractual changes happening at work so I left the weekend that the changes occured. Hope you get your leave sorted out xXx

it starts at 28 weeks but i dont know how long for. i have put in a claim. Do you get a choice between Jobseekers and maternity allowance?

I will.. dunno how it all works though so will speak to mum before i do it..

I know i have to tell my boss 15 weeks from my due date :)

I am going to try and work until the day my baby is born, I want to be able to spend as much time with my baby as possible.

Do you mean statutory maternity allowance or from your work?

if you are unemployed, but have been employed during the 10 months before your 28th week of pregnancy, you are entitled to £112 per week, or 90% of your average weekly earnings (the lessor of the two) for about 40 weeks I think.

If you are working up until your maternity leave, you are entitled to much more.

Do you mean statutory maternity allowance or from your work?

if you are unemployed, but have been employed during the 10 months before your 28th week of pregnancy, you are entitled to £112 per week, or 90% of your average weekly earnings (the lessor of the two) for about 40 weeks I think.

If you are working up until your maternity leave, you are entitled to much more.

Its only a fiver more but the standard rate from 6 April 2008 is £117.18 per week. Every little helps ! xx

Its only a fiver more but the standard rate from 6 April 2008 is £117.18 per week. Every little helps ! xx

yay!!! I am waiting for the letter to arrive to tell me what i get!! They take such a long time!!

I don't think you can claim Jobseekers Allowance because you have to actively looking for full time work. And I'm not sure an employer is obilged (sp?) to take on an employee who is within 11 weeks. Best thing to do, as I'm not sure of all the regulations would be look on the website www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk or call the benefits helpline (the number should be on the website)

I am getting job seekers allowance at the moment. I am entitled to 39 weeks maternity allowance so if I start it now I wont get it for long after I have had the baby so want to claim it until I have had her but its more than JSA! Sticking with JSA for now, I can get a few more weeks of that yet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->