Maternity clothes

BeauMrs

Reaction score
Has anyone started wearing maternity jeans or trousers yet? I'm somewhere between 8 and 12 weeks and want to stay in my normal jeans for as long as possible, but I've put them on today & they are really uncomfortable, digging in and just make me feel even bigger :(

i felt this a lot when I was around your stage. mat jeans will be too big and some leggings were too.
If your in the UK I can highly recommend peacocks trouser/leggings. (the ones with the piping down the front, are £16). they are the most comfortable things I have EVER worn!!!
the other thing you could try is a belly band - it attaches onto your button and hook and lets you wear your jeans for longer. wish I had done this to be honest! :)

I went into maternity jeans/trousers at 10 weeks, only because they were most comfy than regular clothes. They are a little big yet but far better than feeling squished! This is my second LO and I have put on some weight and have thickened around my waist too. First time I was in maternity trousers from 6weeks as I was so bloated!

I just bought a few pairs this week at gap...I don't quite NEED them yet but they are SO much more comfy that regular clothes so I prefer them.

I'm already in maternity tights for work, getting to the point where even leggings feel like they are digging in. Just designating myself to wearing 'fat pants' (ie clothes that are a little big for me) but they just look really frumpy. Otherwise it's ticking to skirts and dresses with mat tights.

Almost Time to dig out the mat clothes from the loft!

Over bump maternity stuff never fits me as I don't get a big enough bump! I find under bump jeans/trousers with a jogging bottom style band round the top really comfy, even when not preg! Other under bump stuff slipped down more. I wore my gap under bump work trousers for over a year postpartum, even when below pre preg weight coz they were soon comfy

Have you tried low rise jeans that sit low on your hips? I always wear that type (big hips :haha:), and I was able to wear them up until the day I delivered. :)

The only problem I am having is in the belly area of my pants. I bought a Beband at Target so now I can wear my regular pants unbuttoned and nobody can even tell! :haha:

Thanks ladies. I think I'm going to try a low rise style jean before getting any maternity ones. I went into maternity clothes so early with dd that I really want to stay in normal clothes for as long as possible this time round. A friend of mine is a few weeks ahead and she is surviving in leggings and big jumpers, perfect this time of year so will have to give that a go too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->