Maternity Direct Service?

tigerlilly

Blessed with no.2!
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Our GP surgery no longer deals with pregnant women directly and you have to go through the maternity direct service attached to our local hospital health trust :dohh: I was really hoping for the MW I had last time! :dohh:

Has anyone been or going through this system at the mo?

I've spoken to a mw over the phone who knows when i'll see one!

Really sorry things are so unknown for you atm. Are they going to arrange a booking in appointment for you?

I see my MW at my GP's surgery, but a friend of mine didn't. Her appointments were all at her hospital.

Every region does things differently it seems. In my area (south Cambs) there is a team of midwives based at the local hospital and a different one is dispatched to the village surgery each Thursday and when you make an appointment you see a different midwife every time. You can't call the surgery either with questions, you have to leave a message on the MW team voicemail and someone calls you back the next morning.

My friends in the midlands all see the same MW throughout their pregnancy. As amazing as the NHS is, I find it strange for a national health service that things aren't the same nationally!

it's crazy :wacko: My gp ordered a viability scan for next week and the blood test forms came in the post today! She said when she gets the blood tests back she'll arrange booking in. So I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to have the NT test done as I'm already 10 weeks. The thing is I have to go through the hospital now and not the gp but I don't want to have this baby at that hospital or any other, can't wait for that argument with that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->