• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maternity Leave

luckyme225

Reaction score
I need to turn in my maternity leave request to our human resources soon but came across a problem when trying to fill it out. It asked around what month/day do I expect to begin leave. So here is my question to you ladies.... When are you going to begin your maternity leave... a couple weeks before baby is born or after baby is born and why? Thank you :headspin:

I probably wont take a maternity leave unless we get some money put back.. which isn't looking likely.
But if I do, I am going to take off just a few days before my estimated DOD, that way I am able to wash all the baby stuff and whatnot, but so that 99.99% of my maternity leave is spent with my new little one and not just sitting around waiting for him to come.. :D

However, it is up to you whenever you no longer feel comfortable working, or whenever your doctor requests that you take your leave.

It depends on your job. I started mine yesterday 31 + 4 but I work at a high dependancy care home so involves lots of heavy lifting, bending and running round no stop for 8hrs at a time. Also the residents can become agressive and lash out.

So for me it was physical wellbeing more than money wise. i know alot of ladies work right up to their due date so it is up to you!

xx

You have to check with them how they have it setup. In some companies, you can leave prior your delivery date but your maternity leave does not start till after you give birth. If you don't have that option, then see how you feel now and try to leave a couple of days before you're scheduled to deliver... see it as your "mini vacation" :happydance: :headspin:

My company has it set up that you get 4 weeks before delivery, and 6 weeks after if vaginal birth without complications. 8 weeks after if cesarean or birth with complications. Thats your paid maternity leave. Then you can take unpaid leave under the Family Medical Leave Act, which I believe is up to 18 months. But I'm not 100% positive about the FMLA. It might be a year.

Thank you so much ladies for your answers. When looking over our benefits at the hospital I think for maternity I can take 4+ months off according to the FMLA. I have only built up enough paid for about three but I think I might take a few weeks unpaid so that I can get organized a bit before delivery. I guess we will have to wait and see how I feel when it gets closed to time =) Luckily my work has been wonderful so far with everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->